Professor Dr. Loke Siew-Phaik
Professor and Head of the School of Postgraduate Studies,
Faculty of Business and Management
- Dip. in Business Studies (Politeknik Ungku Omar)
- B. Accounting (Hons), MMU
- MSc. (Management), Ph.D (Management), Graduate School of Management, UPM
University Appointments / Committee Involvements:
- Dean (Faculty of Business and Management), Quest International University Perak (QIU), December 2018 to December 2019
- Deputy Dean (Faculty of Business and Management), Quest International University Perak (QIU), January 2018 to December 2018
- Deputy Dean (Faculty of Business, Management & Social Sciences), Quest International University Perak (QIU), Nov 2015 to December 2017
- MyRA Internal Auditor for Quest International University Perak (QIU), November 2017 to October 2020
- Facilitator, SPSS Workshop, Quest International University Perak (QIU), 2016, 2017
- Chair, Examination Vetting Committee (Faculty of Business, Management & Social Sciences), Quest International University Perak (QIU), 2016
- Speaker/Facilitator. Research and Analysis Workshop. UiTM Perak, 12 April 2015
- Facilitator. Bengkel Penyelidikan Geran FRGS 2015, 13 Feb 2015
- Facilitator. Bengkel Penyelidikan Mygrants “Camera Ready”. 27-28 Jan 2015
- Senior Business Consultant. SME-University Internship Programme and Championship, 2014
- Assessor. Internal Review on Grants Submission, 2013, 2014
- Founder and Project Director. FBM Business Seminar Series, UiTM Perak. 2011
- Faculty Research Coordinator, UiTM Perak. 2010 to 2011.
- Examiner Panel for EMBA program. ABR 796 Applied Business Research, UiTM Perak, 2010 to 2015
- Deputy Dean (R & D and Postgraduate Programme), Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Jan 2009 to August 2009
- Founder. Research Center for Business and Management, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, 2009
- Strategic alliances
- Business strategy and policy
- Supply chain management
- Green strategy and sustainability
- Strategic Management
- Business Strategy
- Research for Business
- Research Methodology
- Business Executive’s Ethical Reasoning Model in the UAE. Co-researcher [AED20,000] (Completed: 21 December 2015 to 31 August 2017).
- Green Responsive Initiatives (GRI) of Perak Business Industries: Barriers and Strategies. KRA Grant, Institute Darul Ridzuan. Principal Investigator [RM35,000](Completed: 30 April 2013 to 30 June 2014)
- Supply Chain Risk Management: Assessing Robustness, Flexibility, Agility and Resilience for Business Continuity of the Electronics Industry in Malaysia. UiTM Internal Excellence Funds. Co-Researcher[RM1,500] (Completed: 01 June 2012 to 1 December 2014)
- Structural Equation Modelling on Total Quality Management and Knowledge Management for Supply Chain Learning in Malaysian Manufacturing Industry. Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS). Principal Investigator [RM30,000](Completed: 01 Mac 2010 – 30 August 2011)
- Structural Equation Modeling on Ethical Reasoning Patterns of Business Professionals in Malaysia. Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS). Co-Researcher [RM25,000](Completed:27 December 2010 – 26 December 2012)
- The Impact of the Rewards and Motivation on Job Satisfaction: A Comparative Study between Lembaga Air Perak (LAP) and Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor (SYABAS). UiTM Internal Excellence Funds. Co-Researcher [RM4,000](Completed: 01 August 2010 31 July 2011)
- Factors affecting employee attraction, attrition and retention in the Malaysian service industry, leading to the preparation and publication of an industry white paper. Manpower Inc. (M). Co-Researcher [RM38,000] (Completed:2008)
- Ainul Haniza Abdul Rashid and Loke Siew Phaik (2014). Supply Chain Robustness and Resilience for Firm’s Sustainabiliy: Case Studies on Electronics Industry, 2014 AAGBS International Conference on Business Management (AiCoBM 2014)
- Garry Wei-Han Tan, Keng-Boon Ooi, Boon-In Tan, Siew-Phaik Loke (2013). The End of Japanese Human Resource Practices? International Conference of Medical Innovation and Computing Service (MICS 2013), 2-4 August, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
- Siew-Phaik Loke, Alan Giffin Downe and Aizat Hamdi Abdul Hamid (2013) Electronic Word-of-Mouth (e-WOM) in Social Networking Sites (Facebook) as a Predictor of University Students’ Online Purchase Intention, 2013 IEEE Symposium on Humanities, Science & Engineering Research, 23-25 June, Hardrock Hotel, Penang
- Siew-Phaik Loke, Norlida Mohd Noor, Khalizani Khalid (2012). Customer Satisfaction Towards Internet Banking Services: Case Analysis on a Malaysian Bank, IEEE Symposium on Humanities, Science & Engineering Research, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, December 3-4
- Khalizani Khalid, Syed Omar Syed Agil, Maznah Wan Omar, Siew-Phaik Loke, (2012). The Development of Four-Partite Integration Ethics Scale, IEEE Symposium on Business, Engineering & Industrial Applications, Bandung Indonesia, September 23-27
- Siew-Phaik Loke, Keng-Boon Ooi, Boon-In Tan (2009). The Role of TQM and KM In Supply Chain Learning: A Conceptual Model, Proceedings of Conference of Technology Innovation and Industrial Management 2009, The Westin Grand Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand, June 16th & 17th
- Siew-Phaik Loke, Murali Sambasivan, Zainal Abidin Mohamed, Yee Choy Leong (2008). Factors Influencing Strategic Alliance Outcomes: An Integrative Approach, Proceedings of Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management 2008 in Anaheim, California, August 8th through 13th
- Siew-Phaik Loke and Murali Sambasivan (2006) Determinants of Strategic Alliance Outcomes in Supply Chain Environment, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Supply Chain Management and Information Systems, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan, July 4-7th [Best Paper Award]
- Khalizani Khalid, Sam E. Eldakak and Siew-Phaik Loke. (2017). A structural approach to ethical reasoning: the integration of moral philosophy, Academy of Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 17, No.1, pp. 81-113.
- Voon-Hsien Lee, Jun-Jie Hew and Siew-Phaik Loke (2016). Evaluating and comparing ten-year (2006-2015) research performance between Malaysian public and private higher learning instituions: a bibiometric approach, J. of Innovation and Learning, forthcoming
- Siew-Phaik Loke and Rohati Shafie (2015). Greening the supply chain in Malaysian: a case study appeoach, J. Modelling in Operations Management, Vol. 5, Nos. 3/4, pp.236-246.
- Choy-Har Wong, Garry Wei-Han Tan, Siew-Phaik Loke, Keng-Boon Ooi, (2015) “Adoption of mobile social networking sites for learning?”, Online Information Review, Vol. 39 Issue: 6, pp.762-778
- Ainul Haniza Mohd Rashid, Siew-Phaik Loke and Keng-Boon Ooi. (2014). Strengthening supply chain risk management for business continuity: a case study approach, J. Management and Enterprise Management, Vol.13, No. ¾, pp. 278-301.
- Siew-Phaik Loke, Khalizani Khalid, Rohati Shafie and Asae Sayaka (2014). Drivers and Barriers for Going Green: Perceptions fromm the Business Practitioners in Malaysia, ASEAN J. Sc. Technol. Dev., Vol. 31. No.2, pp. 49-61.
- Choy-Har Wong, Garry Wei-Han Tan, Siew Phaik Loke, Keng-Boon Ooi (2014) Mobile TV: A new form of entertainment?Mobile TV: A new form of entertainment? Industrial Management & Data Systems, 117(7), pp.1050-1067
- Loke Siew-Phaik, Alan G. Downe, Murali Sambasivan (2013). Strategic alliances with suppliers and customers in a manufacturing supply chain, Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 5, No.3, pp.192-214.
- Murali Sambasivan, Loke Siew-Phaik, Zainal Abidin Mohamed, Yee Choy Leong (2013). Factors influencing strategic alliance outcomes in a manufacturing supply chain: role of alliance motives, interdependence, asset specificity and relational capital, International Journal of Economics Production, 141, 339-351
- Siew-Phaik Loke, Alan G. Downe, Murali Sambasivan, Khalizani Khalid (2012). A structural approach to integrating total quality management and knowledge management with supply chain learning. Journal of Business Economics and Management,13 No.4, 776-800.
- Murali Sambasivan, Loke Siew-Phaik, Zainal Abidin Mohamed, Yee Choy Leong (2011). Impact of interdependence between supply chain partners on strategic alliance outcomes in a supply chain: Role of relational capital as a mediating construct, Management Decision, Vol. 49 No.4, pp.548-569
- Siew-PhaikLoke, Keng-Boon Ooi, Boon-In Tan, Mohammad Samaun Safa (2010) The Role of TQM and KM In Supply Chain Learning: A Conceptual Model, J. of Innovation and Learning, Vol. 8 No. 3, pp.332-344.
- Industrial Management & Data Systems.
- International Journal of Project Organisation and Management
- International Journal of Modelling in Operations Management