Professor Dr. Charles Y.J. Cheah
- B.Eng. (Hons), PGDip., MSc. (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Ph.D. (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, U.S.A.), Chartered Financial Analyst
More than 10 years in oil & gas trading risk management and engineering (BP Singapore, Esso Singapore)
- Risk Management
- Project Finance
- Strategic Management
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Modelling
- Project Finance
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Statistical Analysis
- Research Project / Thesis supervision
8 years (NTU, Singapore; MIT, U.S.A.)
- Catastrophic Risk Analysis of Infrastructure Systems. NTU Academic Research Grant, 2006-2008 (Principal Investigator).
- Valuing Flexibility in Infrastructure Projects: Development and Assessment of Real Option Models. National Science Foundation, U.S.A., 2004-2005 (International Collaborator).
- Application of Real Options in Infrastructure Projects. NTU Start-Up Grant, 2004-2006 (Principal Investigator).
- Problem of Overseas Ventures for Singapore SMEs. Centre for Research on Small Enterprise Development, NTU. 2004-2005.
- Cheah, C.Y.J. (2007) “Catastrophic Events and Financial Risks of Infrastructure Systems,” Construction Management and Economics 25th Anniversary Conference, 16-18 July, Reading, U.K.
- Qian, Q., Wang, X. and Cheah, C.Y.J. (2007) “Investment Evaluation of Transportation Infrastructure Projects using Binomial Real Option Model,” 5th International Conference on Construction Project Management and 2nd International Conference on Construction Engineering and Management, 1-2 March, Singapore, in CD-ROM.
- Cheah, C.Y.J. (2004) “Public-Private Partnerships in Infrastructure Development: On Value, Risk and Negotiation,” CIB W107 Globalization and Construction Symposium, 17-19 November, Bangkok, Thailand, pp. 735-746.
- Cheah, C.Y.J. and Garvin, M.J. (2004) “Gauging the Strategic Performance of Public & Private Sector Enterprises with Financial Data,” ASCE Specialty Conference on Leadership and Management in Construction, 25-26 March, Hilton Head, SC, U.S.A., pp. 247-256.
- Cheah, C.Y.J. and Garvin, M.J. (2009) “Application of Real Options in PPP Infrastructure Projects: Opportunities and Challenges,” in M. Beck and A. Akintoye (eds) Financial Aspects of Public Private Partnerships. RICS/Blackwell Science, Oxford.
- Cheah, C.Y.J. and Chew, D.A.S. (2013) “Corporate Strategy and Management in a Holistic Setting: Cases of Large Construction Firms from China,” in M. Jaafar and A.R. Abdul Aziz (eds) New Management Approaches in Construction. Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang.
- Liu, J., Yu, X. and Cheah, C.Y.J. (2014) “Evaluation of Restrictive Competition in PPP Projects using Real Option Approach,” International Journal of Project Management, Vol. 32, No.3, pp. 473-481.
- Liu, J. and Cheah, C.Y.J. (2009) “Real Option Application in PPP/PFI Project Negotiation,” Construction Management and Economics, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 331-342.
- Chew, D.A.S., Yan, S., and Cheah, C.Y.J. (2008) “Core Capability and Competitive Strategy for Construction: SMEs in China,” Chinese Management Studies, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 203-214.
- Kong, D., Tiong, R.L.K., Cheah, C.Y.J., Permana, A. and Ehrlich, M. (2008) “Assessment of Credit Risk in Project Finance,” ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 134, No. 11. pp. 876-884.
- Cheah, C.Y.J., Chew, D.A.S. and Huang, J. (2006) “Marketing Design Services in China by Foreign Firms,” Building, Research and Information, Vol. 34, No. 6, 584-595.
- Mattar, M. and Cheah, C.Y.J. (2006) “Valuing Large Engineering Projects under Uncertainty – Private Risk Effect and Real Options,” Construction Management and Economics, Vol. 24, No. 8, 847-860.
- Cheah, C.Y.J. and Chew, D.A.S. (2005) “Dynamics of Strategic Management in the Chinese Construction Industry,” Management Decision, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 551-567.
- Wooldridge, S.C., Garvin, M.J., Cheah, Y.J. and Miller, J.B. (2002) “Valuing Flexibility in Private Toll Road Development: Analysis of the Dulles Greenway”. Journal of Structured and Project Finance, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 25-36.