Prof. Dr. Syed Atif Abbas
Deputy Dean and Professor,
Faculty of Pharmacy
- PhD (Pharmacology) USM ; 2003
- MSc (Pharmacology) USM ; 1999
- B.Pharm University of the Punjab Pakistan; 1995
- RPh (Malaysia)
- Academia – 19 years
- Community / Hospital Pharmacy – 4 years
Research Focus Area
- Anti-hypertensive and anti-diabetic activities of herbs.
- Heavy metal toxicity studies in Herbal medicines.
- Drug pricing
- Registered Pharmacist (Malaysia)
- Registered Pharmacist (Pakistan)
- Member, Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
- Member, Malaysian Society of Pharmacology and Physiology
- Deputy Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy
- Pharmacology, Ethics in Animal Research
- Pharmacy Manager at Fazal Din’s Pharma Plus, Pakistan, 1996-1997
- Assistant Professor at International Islamic University Malaysia, 2004-2008
- Lecturer at Charles Sturt University, New South Wales, Australia, 2008-2010
- Honorary Lecturer at Welsh school of Pharmacy, Cardiff University UK, 2010-2015
- Deputy Dean (Academics and Student affairs) School of Pharmacy, Taylor’s University Malaysia, 201
- Acting Dean School of Pharmacy, Taylor’s University Malaysia, 2013-2014
- Development and Validation of Bioanalytical Method for the Analysis of Amlodipine in Human Plasma with Optimized Extraction Method Using Design of Experiment.
Authors: ABM. Helal uddin Mohamed Alaama, Mohamed B. Awang & S.A Abbas
Lat. Am. J. Pharm. 37 (1): 99-104 (2018)
- Development and validation of new R-P HPLC method for the determination of Gliclazide in tablet dosage form.
Authors: Mohamed Alaama, ABM Helal uddin and Syed Atif Lat. Am. J. Pharm. 36 (8): 1642-7 (2017)
- Reliability of graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry as alternative method for trace analysis of arsenic in natural medicinal products.
Authors: Reem Saadi Khalid, ABM Helal Uddin, Mohamed Alaama, Abdualrahman M Abdualkader, Abdulrazak Kasmuri and Syed Atif Abbas
Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 15 (9): 1967-1972 (2016)
- Main Analytical Techniques Used for Elemental Analysis in Various Matrices.
Authors: ABM Helal Uddin, Reem Saadi Khalid, Mohamed Alaama and Syed Atif Abbas.
Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research
15 (2): 427-434 (2016)
- Comparative study of three digestion methods for elemental analysis in traditional medicine products using atomic absorption spectrometry.
Authors: ABM Helal Uddin, RS Khalid, M Alaama, Abdulrahman M Abdulkader, Abdulrazak kasmuri and S A Abbas.
Journal of Analytical Science and Technology
(2016) 7:6 DOI 10.1186/s40543-016-0085-6 (2016)
- Determination of heavy metal contents by atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS) in some medicinal plants from Pakistani and Malaysian origin Sobia
Authors:Akram, Rahila Authors: Najam , Ghazala H. Rizwani and Syed Atif Abbas
Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.28 No.5, September 2015, pp.1781-1787 (2015)
- Medicine Management – Monthly at Home for the Aged SIMEE, Ipoh
- Community Pharmacist, Quest Pharmacy
- Medicine Management – Senior Citizens Home