Ms. Hemalatha Murugaiah
School of Biological Science
- PhD in Biotechnology, USM (Pursuing)
- MSc in Biotechnology (USM, 2012)
- Bsc in Industrial Biology (UTM, 2008)
- Teaching – (April 2011 – Present) [QIU]
- Research – (2008 – Present)
- Strain improvement for enhanced enzyme production
- Optimization of enzyme production using statistical design
Biosynthesis of metallic nanoparticles for targeted therapy
- Isolation of enzyme producing bacteria.
- Chitinase production through submerged fermentation using pretreated shrimp waste.
- Optimization of chitinase production using response surface methodology.
- Study on potential use of eco-enzyme for the treatment of waste water rich in Copper.
- Bio catalytic potential and antibacterial properties of Eco-enzyme produced from citrus fruit peels.
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles as potential antimicrobial agent
- Coordinator for Industrial training (Biotechnology programme)
- Programme coordinator for foundation in Science (2014-2015)
- Course coordinator (Bioprocess Technology, Advanced Fermentation Technology, Enzyme and protein Technology and Genomics and proteomics)
- Coordinator for industrial training (Please include the duration 2016-2019)
- Advisor of Biotechnology club, QIU (2019-present)
- Reviewer of Malaysian Journal of Microbiology
- Committee member of student activity committee, QIU
- Hemalatha, M & Visantini, P. (2020). Potential use of eco-enzyme for the treatment of metal based effluent. Materials Science and Engineering, 716, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/716/1/012016
- Hemalatha Murugaiah, Amirul Al Ashraf. Strain improvement for glucoamylase production by Aspergillus niger van Tieghem. 2010. In the 7th regional IMTGT Uninet conference.
- Hemalatha Murugaiah, Phor Khai lyn, Amirul Al Ashraf. Glucoamylase production via solid state fermentation by Aspergillus niger van Tieghem. 2009. International Congress of Malaysian society for microbiology.
- Hemalatha Murugaiah, Amirul Al Ashraf. Strain improvement and optimization of process parameters for glucoamylase production by Aspergillus niger van Tieghem. 2010. In 4th Annual PPSKH postgraduate colloquium.