Dr. Rohati Shafie
School of Business and Management
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), (Corporate Management), University Technology Mara (UiTM), 2017
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA), (Corporate Management), University Technology Mara (UiTM), 2010
Teaching and Research Experience:
Teaching Experience: 7 years
- Senior Lecturer: Quest International University (QIU), Ipoh, Perak- present.
- Tutor: Open University Malaysia (OUM), Ipoh, Perak.
- Lecturer:Sunway College, Ipoh, Perak.
Industrial and Corporate Experience: 25 years
- Chief Executive: PerakBio Corporation Sdn Bhd, Ipoh, Perak.
- General Manager: PIRSB Bio Tech Corporation Sdn Bhd, Ipoh, Perak.
- General Manager: Perak Integrated Timber Complex (PITC), Ipoh, Perak.
- Quality System Manager: Perak Integrated Timber Complex (PITC), Ipoh, Perak.
- Process Engineer: Micromechanics (M) Sdn Bhd, Ipoh, Perak.
- Industrial Engineer: Yamaha Electronics (M) Manufacturing Sdn Bhd, Ipoh, Perak.
- Green Strategy and Sustainability, Leadership
- Management, Organisational Behaviour
QIU’s Sustainability Main Committee Members (2019 – Nov 2020).
QIU’s Sustainability Sub-
Shafie, R., Shafie, R., Ali, K.G., & Yaakob, K. (2019). Perceived Institutional Quality, Institution Image Emotional Attachment and Student Loyalty in Premier Polytechnics. International Conference on Education and Teacher Development (ICETD2019), pp. 1-8.
Shafie, R., & Shafie, R. (2017). Mandatorikan Persijilan Pengurusan Hutan. Rencana, Utusan Malaysia, 14 Jun 2017, 11.
Shafie, R., Mohd-Noor, N., & Mohamad, S. J. A. N, S. (2016). Factors Influencing ISO 14001 Firm’s Perceived Environmental Performance in Malaysia, ASEAN J. Sci. Technol. Dev., 33(1), 18-36.
Shafie, R., & Loke, S-P. (2015). Stakeholder’s Pressures on the Firm’s Environmental Strategy in Malaysia. Proceedings of Postgraduate Conference on Global Green Issues (Go Green), UiTM (Perak), Malaysia, 7-8 October 2015, 247-253.
Loke, S-P. & Shafie, R. (2015). Greening the Supply Chain in Malaysia: A Case Study Approach, Int. J. Modelling in Operations Management, 5(3/4), 236-246.
Loke, S-P, Khalid, K., Shafie, R., & Sayaka, A. (2014). Drivers and Barriers for Going Green: Perceptions from the Business Practitioners in Malaysia, ASEAN J. Sc. Technol. Dev., 31(2), 49-61. (IDR, Perak Grant).
- Appointed as a Trainer, Advisor, Internal Auditor and Quality/Environmental Management Representative (EMR) for Environmental Management System (EMS) ISO 14001, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certification, Malaysian Criteria & Indicators (MC & I) for Forest Management and Chain of Custody (CoC) for PITC, Majukayu Sdn Bhd, RNE Sdn Bhd and Tai Hong sawmill and successfully achieved the CoC certifications under the Scientific Certification System Scheme (SCS) audited by Sirim / SCS: Dec 1999 – Jan 2013.
- Successfully implemented the Environmental Management System (EMS) for Perak Integrated Timber Complex (PITC), leading to the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification on July 1, 2002 and the ISO 14001 certification on Sept 14, 2004. Successfully reinstated the FSC certificate in 2008 after the certificate suspended in 2006.
- Lead the setting up of the Herbarium and Insectarium for Perak State Development Corporation: 2012.
- Organized “Colloquium on Biotechnology Industry” with Perak Investment Management Centre (PIMC) supported by Perak State Government at Kinta Riverfront Hotel, Ipoh: 12 June 2013.
- Jointly organized with FRIM in Perak Bio Diversity Tool Set Launching at Prince Hotel: 27 Mar 2012.
- Organized Green Technology Seminar: The Fundamentals and Opportunities in Perak State: 7 – 8 Mar 2012.
- Participated as a speaker in the Seminar “Green Approach for Waste Treatment – Bio Remediation and Energy Generation”, jointly organized with UTAR: 27 July 2009.
- Represented PITC in International Advisory Panel Meeting for ITTO/GEF/UNDP/FRIM Conservation Bio Diversity Assessment in Production Forest in Planning Toolkits at Banding Resort: 1 – 6 Dec 2008.
- Represented PITC in CTFS – AA International Field Biology Course 2008. Briefed to international postgraduates students (Masters and PHDs) on Forest Management, FSC and certification. Venue in SEDC / PITC concession: 28 July 2008
- Appointed as a speaker for the workshop on the progress of the Conservation Bio Diversity Project for ITTO/GEF/UNDP/FRIM Conservation Bio Diversity Assessment in Production Forest in Planning Toolkits at Banding Resort: 26 – 28 May 2008
- Represented Perak State Development Corporation during seminar on Management of Second Growth Forest Challenges and Opportunities by FRIM and Department of Peninsular Malaysia of Forestry Department in Kuantan, Pahang: 12 – 14 Dec 2007