Dr Rajiv a/l Ravi
School of Biological Sciences
- P.hD, Molecular Parasitology (USM)
- MSc, Applied Parasitology (USM)
- Bsc, Biotechnology (UNISEL)
Teaching and research experience :
- KDU University-Lecturer
- Post-Doctoral Research at UMK/USM (Medical Entomology)
Major research interests :
- Medical Entomology, Molecular Parasitology, Aquaculture Disease
Teaching interests :
- Aquaculture, Medical Entomology, Parasitology
- Research Field Supervisor for Azolla PinnataProject, UMK-USM
- Ravi, R., Zulkrnin, N. S. H., Rozhan, N. N., Yusoff, N. R. N., Rasat, M. S. M., Ahmad, M. I., … & Amin, M. F. M. (2018). Chemical composition and larvicidal activities of Azolla pinnata extracts against Aedes (Diptera: Culicidae). PLOS ONE, 13(11), e0206982.
- Evaluation of two different solvents for Azolla pinnata extracts on chemical compositions and larvicidal activity against Aedes albopictus (Diptera:Culicidae) (https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1383186)
- Larvicidal effectiveness of Azolla pinnata fresh plant and powdered form against Aedes aegypti (Diptera:Culicidae) with its effects on morphology and visualization of behavioural responses. (2018) ( Journal of Parasitology Research)
- Ravi R, Yahaya ZS. (2017). Zeylanicobdella arugamensis, the marine leech from cultured crimson snapper (Lutjanus erythropterus), Jerejak Island, Penang, Malaysia. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apjtb.2017.01.018.
- Ravi R, Yahaya ZS. (2016). Neobenedenia melleni Parasite of Red Snapper, Lutjanus erythropterus, with Regression Statistical Analysis between Fish Length, Temperature, and Parasitic Intensity in Infected Fish, Cultured at Jerejak Island, Penang, Malaysia. Journal of Parasitology Research; http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/1946283.
- Ravi R, Yahaya ZS. (2015). Relationship between size of fish, temperature and parasitic intensity in Snakehead fish species from Kepala Batas, Penang, Peninsular Malaysia. Pertanika Journal of Tropical Agricultural Science, 2015: 2, 295-307
- Azolla PinnataResearch Group,Pattern –PI 2017703985,
- CRI-UMK Competition Gold Medal: Azocides Mosquitoes Bio-spray
- CRI-UMK Competition Silver Medal: Nano-Azocides, Slow release Azolla pinnata Silver Nano Particle Bioinsecticidal
- Best Oral Presentation Award:
Ravi R, Yahaya ZS. (2016). Prevalence of ectoparasite from Cultured Crimson Red
Snapper (Lutjanus eryhtopterus) in Jerejak Island, Penang Peninsular Malaysia. The 10th Regional IMT-GT UNINET Conference, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
- Ravi R, Yahaya ZS. (2015). The potential of Seaweed Plant as Fish diets in expression profile of NCCRP-1 Gene on crimson red snapper (Lutjanus eryhtopterus), in Jerejak Island, Malaysia. The International Fisheries symposium Conference.
- Ravi R, Yahaya ZS. (2014). DNA Barcoding of Marine Leeches (Zeylanicobdella argumensis) from crimson red snapper (Lutjanus eryhtopterus), Peninsular Malaysia and their phylogenetic analysis. The 9th Regional IMT-GT UNINET Conference.
- Ravi R, Yahaya ZS. (2013). Presentation of research paper on DNA Barcoding of family Serranidae in Malaysian waters. Fifth International Barcode of Life Conference Kunming, China
Seminars and Trainings
- Beijing Genomic Institute, BGI International seminar for Bioinformatics, September 19th 2013 held in University of Malaya
- Scientific Writing for Publication seminar, 29th November 2013 held in University Science Malaysia
- Occupational Safety and Health Course seminar, 4th December 2013 held in University Science Malaysia
- 2nd Seminar on the Use of Animal in Science; ethical and practical considerations 23-24th June 2010, held in University Science Malaysia
- Eppendorf Pipetting Clinic,6th May 2010 held in University Science Malaysia