Dr. Jayaraj Kodangattil Narayanan
- Ph.D. Neuroscience (Westfalische Wilhelm’s University, Muenster, Germany)
- M.Sc. Physiology (University of Calicut, India)
Teaching & Research Experience:
- SUT Academy of Medical Sciences, Kerala, India.
- Al-Arab Medical University, Benghazi, Libya.
- Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China.
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: 8 years
- Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Edward Hebert School of Medicine, USUHS, MD, USA.
- University medical center, Albert-Ludwings University of Freiburg, Germany.
- Institute for Physiology-I, Westfalische Wilhelms University, Muenster, Germany.
- Synaptic Plasticity
- GABAergic Plasticity
- Molecular mechanisms underlying synaptic plasticity
- Drug of abuse and addiction
- Depression and anxiety
- Midbrain reward pathway
- Mesocorticolimbic dopamine systems and associated circuits that contribute to addiction, depression and other motivated behaviours.
- Patch clamp electrophysiological recordings from rodent mid brain slices and culture neurons
- Molecular mechanisms underlying in synaptic plasticity during additive and motivated behaviours
- Techniques like molecular and behaviour tools
- Member of Mentor-Mentee Committee, Quest International University, Ipoh, Perak
- Course coordinator for Physiology, Al-Arab Medical University, Almerj, Libya
- External examiner for Government Universities in Libya
- Coordinator for micro teaching committee, SUTAMS, India
- Coordinator for Journal club, Albert-Ludwings University of Freiburg, Germany
- Society for Neuroscience (SFN)
- Pharmacological Society (PSS)
- Authement ME, Kodangattil JN (first author), Gouty S, Rusnak M, Symes AJ, Cox BM, Nugent FS., Histone Deacetylase Inhibition Rescues Maternal Deprivation-Induced GABAergic Metaplasticity through Restoration of AKAP Signaling, Neuron. 86(5):1240-52 (2015)
- Kodangattil J.N., Dacher M.A., Authement M.E., Nugent F.S., Spike timing-dependent
- plasticity at GABAergic synapses in Ventral tegmental area, Journal of Physiology, 91.19:4699-10 (2013)
- Kodangattil J.N., Moddel G., Muller M., Weber W. and Gorji A., The inflammatory chemokine CXCL10 modulates synaptic plasticity and neuronal activity in the hippocampus, European Journal of Inflammation, 10(3):311-28 (2012)
- Posters Presented in International Conferences
- Kodangattil J.N., Shawn Gouty., Authement M.E, Brian M. C., and Nugent F.S., Epigenetic modifications of GABAergic synaptic plasticity and AKAP signaling after early maternal deprivation, The 44th Annual Neuroscience Meeting (SFN) meeting, Nov 15-19, 2014 Washington DC, USA.
- Kodangattil J.N., Hefft S., Depolarizing GABAA receptor mediated synaptic input elicits action potentials in human dentate granule cells in the epileptic hippocampus, Junior Neuroscientists meeting on epilepsy, Sept 14-16, 2011, Berlin, Germany.
- Kodangattil J.N., Moddel G., Muller M., Gorji A., The inflammatory chemokine CXCL10
- facilitates long-term potentiation (LTP) in the hippocampus,The 64th annual meeting of American Epileptic Society (AES), Dec 3-7, 2010, San Antonio Texas, USA.
- Invited Poster Presentation in International Conferences
- Kodangattil J.N., Shawn Gouty., Authement M.E, Brian M. C., and Nugent F.S., Epigenetic modifications of GABAergic synaptic plasticity and AKAP signaling after early maternal deprivation, Invited Poster Presentation: Cell Symposia Translational Neuroscience, Nov 13-14, 2014 Arlington, VA, USA.