Dr. Bedanta Roy
Faculty of Medicine
- M.Sc., Ph.D.
Teaching & Research Experience:
- 2016 (Sep)– till date – Senior Lecturer, Physiology, Quest International University, Perak
- 2008 – 2016 (Aug) – Assistant Professor, Physiology, Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal.
- 2005-2008 (June) – Assistant Professor, Physiology, National Medical College, Birgunj, Nepal.
- 2012-2015 – Ph.D. Research scholar, biochemistry, JNU, Rajasthan, India.
- Stress physiology, hematology, psychopharmacology and medical education
- Boy’s hostel warden, Basic Sciences Campus, MCOMS; 15.8.2014 – till date.
- Mess committee Chairman [Management, food safety & hygiene] MCOMS; 20.12.2015 – till date.
- Mess committee In-charge [food safety & hygiene] MCOMS; 10.9.2008 – 10.8.2014.
- Faculty search
- M.Sc., Undergraduate curriculum development
- Coordinating research projects
- Coordinating/ invigilating examinations
- Administrative works during inspections by Kathmandu University/ Tribhuvan University/ Medical Council of Nepal.
- Banerjee I, Saha A, Sathian B, Roy B, Banerjee I. Evaluation of Medical students perception on Personal Drug Selection for improving prospective Medical Education: A situational Analysis from Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal. Nepal Journal of Medical Sciences. 2015;3(2):89-93.
- Roy B, Sathian B, Banerjee I. Nepal earthquake 2015 – an overview. Journal of Biomedical Sciences. 2015;2(1):1-2.
- Sathian B, De A, Simkhada P, Malla K, Ghosh A, Basnet S, Roy B. Time Trend of Pneumonia in under Five Children of Nepal. American Journal of Public Health Research. 2015;3(4A):27-30.
- Sathian B, Roy B, Banerjee I. Are the young medical research scientists of Asia in a right direction? Medical Science. 2015;3(2):202-3.
- Banerjee I, Pugazhandhi B, Banerjee I, Sathian B, Nagpal P, Roy B. Is energy drink safe? A cross sectional study on the effects of
- energy drink on medical students from a medical school of Nepal. Nepal Journal of Epidemiology. 2015;5(1):444-50.
- Banerjee I, Sathian B, Chakraborty PK, Banerjee I, Roy B, Jauhari AC et al. Pharmacotherapy of Bipolar Affective Disorder: A Hospital based Study from Sub Himalayan Valley of Nepal. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014;8(6):HC22-7.
- Sathian B, Sreedharan J, Roy B, Banerjee I, Supram HS. Relevance of sampling techniques in medical research. Journal of Biomedical Sciences. 2015;2(1):3-6.
- Roy B, Banerjee I, Sathian B. Neurology as future career medical student’s opinion and factors influenced: A study from Nepal. Neurons. 2014;1(1):23-7.
- Roy B, Sathian B, Banerjee I, Khan I, Banerjee I. Belonephobia and finger pricking associated pain in hematology laboratory: A cross sectional study among undergraduate medical students in Nepal. Nepal Journal of Epidemiology. 2014;4(5):433-40.
- Banerjee I, Roy B, Sathian B, Banerjee I, Chakraborty PK, Saha A. Socio demographic profile and utilization pattern of antipsychotic drugs among schizophrenic inpatients: a cross sectional study from western region of Nepal. BMC Psychiatry. 2013; 13:96.