Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vijay Kotra
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, India); 2002
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Pharmaceutical Chemistry (The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, India); 2005.
- PhD – Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Andhra University, India); 2010
- Academic and research experience – 14 years
- Design and synthesis of anticancer agents.
- Natural Product chemistry
- Analytical method development
- Registered Pharmacist with Andhra Pradesh State Pharmacy Council, AP, India
- Life Member of Indian Pharmaceutical Association
- Associate Fellow of AP Academic of Sciences, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Member of Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
- Member, University OSH Committee
- Member, Faculty research Committee
- Member, University Sustainability Committee
- Member, QIUP Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Assistant Professor, Bharath Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.,India. (17/02/2005 to 21/06/2005).
- Assistant Professor, Hindu College of Pharmacy, Guntur, India (13/06/2005 to 30/04/2006)
- Assistant Professor, Hindu College of Pharmacy, Guntur, India
- (20/07/2009 to 10/08/2010)
- Assistant Professor, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Acharya Nagarjuna University,Guntur, India. (11/08/2010 to 09/06/2018)
- Presented a poster at Indo-US conference on “New bioactive molecules in pharmaceutical research-Contribution of Natural Products” held at Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad India in 2006
- presented a poster at International Conference on Innovative Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bhopal in April 2012 on Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some New Benzopyran-2-one Derivatives
- Presented oral presentation on “synthesis, characterization of some beginelli compounds and their anti-inflammatory activity” at national conference on re-visioning pharmacy education and research: contemporary issues and future strategies at Sri Siddhartha college of pharmacy, Nuzvid, India on 16th March 2014
- Local Organizing Committee member in 68th IPC-2016, held at AU College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Visakhapatnam, India during 16th – 18th Dec, 2016
- Oral Presentation on “Design, Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Evaluation of Some New Quinoline derived Chalcones and Schiff Bases” in the International Conference on Environmental Conservation and Human Health – Challenges and Strategies held on 21st -23rd Dec, 2016 organized by Department of Zoology, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India
- Participated in Problem Based Teaching and Learning Of Organic Chemistry Workshop at Chebrolu Hanumaiah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guntur during 1st -2nd Feb, 2017.
- Participated in India-Poland seminar and workshop on Drug development and delivery aspects for pediatric and geriatric patients organized by KVSR Siddhartha College of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Faculty of pharmacy, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland from 8th – 9th March, 2017.
- Organizing member of 6th Indo African Conference on Advances and Challenges in Pharmaceutical Sciences organized by Acharya Nagarjuna University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guntur in collaboration with APP Ethiopian International branch, AP State branch on 31st August, 2017.
- Synthesis of Some 1,5-Benzodiazepine Derivatives as a New Class of Anti-microbial Agents. Asian J. Chem., 19, 2007, 5435-5442. Varala R, Vijay Kotra, Ramu E, Ganapaty Seru, Adapa S R. ISSN:0970-7077. http://www.asianjournalofchemistry.co.in/User/ViewFreeArticle.aspx?ArticleID=19_7_62
- Zn-Proline catalyzed selective synthesis of 1,2 disubstituted benzimidazoles in water. Chem. Pharm. Bull., 55(8), 2007, 1254-1257. Varala R, Ramu E, Vijay Kotra, Adapa S.R. ISSN : 0009-2363, https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/cpb/55/8/55_8_1254/_pdf/-char/en
- Green approach for the efficient synthesis of Quinolines promoted by citric acid. Heterocycles, 75(10), 2008, 2523-2533. Ramu Enugala, Sreelatha Nuvvula, Vijay Kotra, Ravi Varala and Srinivas R Adapa. ISSN: 1881-0942. https://www.heterocycles.jp/newlibrary/payments/form/02798/PDF
- Synthesis of mandelic acid derived phthalimides as a new class of anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agents. Indian Journal of Chemistry, 47B(8), 2008, 1243-1248 Ravi Varala, Vijay Kotra, M Mujahid Alam, N Ramesh Kumar, S Ganapaty and Srinivas R Adapa, ISSN: 0975-0983 (Online); 0376-4699 (Print). http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/1913/1/IJCB%2047B%288%29%201243-1248.pdf
- Green approach for the efficient synthesis of Biginelli compounds promoted by citric acid under solvent free conditions. Rasayan Journal of Chemistry, 1(1), 2008, 188-194. Enugala Ramu, Vijay Kotra, Nikita Bansal and Srinivas R Adapa, ISSN:0974-1496. http://rasayanjournal.co.in/vol-1/issue-1/25.pdf
- Synthesis of a new series of quinolinyl chalcones as anticancer and anti-inflammatory agents. Indian Journal of Chemistry- B, 49 B(8), 2010, 1109-1116. Vijay Kotra, S Ganapaty and Srinivas R Adapa, ISSN: 0975-0983 (Online); 0376-4699 (Print). http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/10082/1/IJCB%2049B%288%29%201109-1116.pdf
- Synthesis of gossypin derivatives as potential anticancer and anti-inflammatory agents. Indian Journal of Chemistry- B 49B(11), 2010, 1542-1546. Vijay Kotra, S Ganapaty and Srinivas R Adapa. ISSN: 0975-0983 (Online); 0376-4699 (Print). http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/10543/1/IJCB%2049B%2811%29%201542-1546.pdf
- Synthesis characterization and biological evaluation of some Dihydropyrimidinones. Asian Journal of Chemistry 22(4), 2010, 2518-2528 Vijay Kotra, S Ganapaty and Srinivas R Adapa.ISSN:0970-7077. http://www.asianjournalofchemistry.co.in/User/ViewFreeArticle.aspx?ArticleID=22_4_7
- Design, synthesis and anticancer activity of some new pyrimidine derivatives. International Journal Of Pharmacy & Technology, 2(4), 2010, 1263-1269. P Venkateswara Rao, Prof Y Rajendra Prasad, Vijay Kotra, B Bhaskararao. ISSN: 0975-766X. http://www.ijptonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/1263-1269.pdf
- Electrochemical sensors and biosensors for the pharmaceutical and environmental analysis, International Journal Of Pharmacy & Technology, 3(4), 2011, 1709-1723. Sathish Kumar. K, Santhosh Kumar. N, Brahmaiah.B, Vijay . K., ISSN: 0975-766X. http://www.ijptonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/1709-1723.pdf
- “Tandem Mass Spectroscopic Method for the estimation of Meloxicam in Plasma Samples : Application to pharmacokinetic studies” M.Nageswara rao, K.Vijay, P.R.K. Veni, K.Geetha Bhavani, K. Bala Murali Krishna, B.Hari Babu, Asian journal of chemistry, Vol 28, No. 8, 2016, 1783-1789. https://doi.org/10.14233/ajchem.2016.19822
- “An efficient PEG-400 mediated catalyst free green synthesis of 2- aminothiazoles from α-diazoketones and thiourea” Hari Babu Bollikolla, BalaMurali Krishna K, Sharmila N, Baby Ramana M, Vijay Kotra, Journal of chemical sciences, 128.9 (2016): 1475-1478. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12039-016-1130-0
- “Recent Advances and Applications of Turbulent Flow Chromatography”, Kotra Vijay, Sathish Kumar Konidala, N. Anusha, R. Nageswara Rao, and B. Hari Babu. “Asian Journal of Chemistry”, 29.4 (2017): 771. https://doi.org/10.14233/ajchem.2017.20258
- Development and Validation of a Liquid Chromatography/ Tandem Mass Spectrometric Method for Determination of Ethinyl Estradiol in Human Plasma, Vijay Kotra, Nageswara Rao Ramisetti, Rajeesha Surapaneni, Sathish Kumar Konidala. “Drug Development and Therapeutics”, Volume 8, Issue 1, January-June 2017. http://www.ddtjournal.org/text.asp?2017/8/1/17/216932
- Molecular Docking Studies of Tyrosine Kinase-inhibiting New StyrylCoumarin derived Aminothiozoles Vijay Kotra* , Sathish Kumar Konidala, Anusha N, Sudhamayee M., Der Pharmacia Lettre, 10 : (2018): 76-83, http://www.scholarsresearchlibrary.com/articles/molecular-docking-studies-of-tyrosine-kinaseinhibiting-new-styrylcoumarin-derived-aminothiozoles.pdf
- “Bicl3: A Versatile Catalyst for the Tetrahydropyranylation and Depyranylation of 1°, 2°, 3°, Allylic, Benzylic Alcohols, and Symmetric Diols.” Durga, T. Vijaya, K. Krishna, Bala Murali, M. Ramana, M. Shantha Kumari, K. Vijay, and B. Hari Babu. Oriental Journal Of Chemistry, 2017, 33 2, , 1030-1034. DOI :
- http://dx.doi.org/10.13005/ojc/330260Stability indicating rp-hplc method for simultaneous quantification of ezetimibe and glimepiride in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form, M Mukkanti Eswarudu, A Lakshmana Rao, K Vijay, – Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 5, no. 11 (2018): 11268-11276.
- http://www.iajps.com/pdf/november2018/27.IAJPS27112018.pdfSynthesis And In-Vitro Antiproliferative Activity Of Substituted-2, 3- Dimethyl-N-(3-(4-Phenyl Piperazin-1-Yl) Propyl)-6, 7-Dihydro-5H-Benzo  Annulene-8-Carboxylic Acids, K. Vijay * and Ch. B. Praveena Devi, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Vol. 9(10), 2018, 4343-4348.
- http://dx.doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.9(10).4343-48Liquisolid compacts of clofibrate: An approach to enhance the dissolution and bioavilability of poorly water soluble drugs, BrahmaiahBonthagarala,Varun Dasari, Vijay Kotra., J. Global trends pharm sci, 2018; 9(1): 4855 – 4871. https://www.jgtps.com/admin/uploads/g6ts2b.pdf
- Liquisolid compact technology – an alternative and conventional approach to improve bioavailability of bcs class-ii drugs, BrahmaiahBonthagarala, Varun dasari, Vijay Kotra, Universal Journal of Pharmacy, 2018, 07 (03): Page 1-6. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g1wkeorwet6kugjzk5wr8bjly2oxdpyp/view
- A review on standardization of phytoconstituents in senna alata plant extract by various analytical techniques, MM. Kanakal,V. Kotra, V.Meti, NS Ajmi, Sandai D, LY. Loong, International journal of pharmaceutical research, volume 10, issue 4, oct – dec, 2018, https://doi.org/10.31838/ijpr/2019.11.01.002
- Synthesis and characterization of pva based poly (acrylic acid – co – acrylamide) super porous hydrogels composites. Prasanna Kumar Desu, P Venkateswara Rao and Vijay Kotra, International journal of pharmaceutical sciences and research, 2018, 9(10), 4361-4367, http://dx.doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.9(10).4361-67
- Synthesis, Cytotoxicity and Antimicrobial Evaluation of Some New 2-Aryl,5-Substituted 1,3,4-Oxadiazoles and 1,3,4-Thiadiazoles. Mutchu, B.R., Kotra, V., Onteddu, S.R. Hari Babu B., Chemistry Africa 2, 2019, 15-20. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42250-018-00034-x
- Synthesis, Characterization, Anticancer and Antimicrobial Activity Studies of Novel Isomeric 2,4‐Disubstituted Ureide Derivatives of Pyrimidinopiperidines, Dr. Lourdu Rani Bhavanam, Vijay Kotra, Dr. Sivanagi Reddy Mule, Dr. Bala Murali Krishna Khandapu, Dr. Hari Babu Bollikolla, ChemistrySelect2019, 4, 441-450, https://doi.org/10.1002/slct.201803294
- Bioanalytical method development and validation for simultaneous determination of prazosin and polythiazide drugs in spiked human plasma by RP-HPLC. Eswarudu, M. Mukkanti; Rao, A. Lakshmana; Vijay, K., International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical & Biological Sciences . Vol. 9 Issue 1, 2019, 61-70. https://www.ijpcbs.com/files/17-04-19/09.pdf
- Enhancement of solubility and dissolution rate of bcs class II drug ritonavir using liquisolid technique, brahmaiah bonthagarala , Varun Dasari and Vijay Kotra, International journal of pharmaceutical sciences and research, 2019, 10(5), 2430-2438. http://dx.doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.10(5).2430-38
- Quality-by-Design based development and characterization of pioglitazone loaded liquisolid compact tablets with improved biopharmaceutical attributes, Brahmaiah Bonthagarala, Varun Dasari, Vijay Kotra, Suryakanta Swain, Sarwar Beg, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology(Elsevier), Volume 51, 2019, Pages 345-355.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2019.03.033CuSO4/Sodium ascorbate Catalyzed Synthesis of Benzosuberone and 1, 2, 3-triazole Conjugates: Design, Synthesis and in vitro Anti-Proliferative Activity, CHBP Devi, K Vijay, BH Babu, SF Adil, MM Alam, M Vijjulatha, MB Ansari, Journal of Saudi Chemical Society (Elsevier), 2019, In Press. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2019.05.002 Book chapters published
1. A Review on Role of Telemedicine in Disaster Management: A Pharmacist Perspective. A Nutakki, V Kotra, SK Konidala, NB Etukuri, Proceedings of International Conference on Remote Sensing for Disaster Management, Springer Publishers, 2018.
Medicine Management – Monthly at Home for the Aged Kg. Simee, Ipoh
- Medicine Management – Senior Citizens Home, Ipoh, Malaysia