Assoc. Prof. Dr. Long Chiau Ming
- PhD (Pharmacy), Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, England, 2014
- Master of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Science Malaysia, 2009
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons), University of Science Malaysia, 2005
- Certificate in Education University iTM, Selangor, Malaysia, 2014
- Postgraduate diploma in reflexology, City of Bath College: UK VTCT (Reg # 1013150), 2012
- Hospital/Community Pharmacy – 11 years
- Research – 13 years
- Academia – 12 years
- Translational Research, Clinical Studies, Health Services Research, Medication Safety, Biopharmaceutics
- Registered Pharmacist (Malaysia)
- Member, Malaysian Society of Pharmaceutical Technology
- Member, International Society of Pharmacovigilance
- Life Member, Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
- Member, International Association of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and Clinical Toxicology, Canada
- Associate member, National Heart Association of Malaysia
- Member, Association of Reflexologists UK
- VTCT reflexologist practitioner (UK)
- Deputy Dean (Research, Postgraduate Studies, Strategic Linkages), Faculty of Pharmacy
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacy Law and Ethics, Research Methodology
- School of Pharmacy, KPJ Healthcare University College, Associate Professor/ Deputy Dean, 2017-2018
- Division of Pharmacy, School of Medicine, University of Tasmania, Australia, Senior lecturer, 2016-2017
- Faculty of Pharmacy, UiTM, Senior lecturer, 2008-2016
- Ministry of Health Malaysia, Pharmacist, 2005-2008
- MyDispense Asia Symposium 2019, 2-3 May 2019, Monash Malaysia
- KPJ Healthcare Conference 2018, Oct 2018, Damansara
- MPS-USM Scientific Conference 2017, Nov 2017, Batu Ferringhi, Penang
- Australasian Pharmaceutical Science Association Conference 2016, Dec 2016, Sydney
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia Conference 2016, July 2016, Sydney
- International Conference on Pharmacy Education & Practice, Jan 2016, Batu Ferringhi, Penang
- MPS-Pharmacy Scientific Conference 2015, Nov 2015, Taylor’s Uni
- International Anatomical and Biomedical Scientific Conferences 2015, June 2015, UPM
-All papers are published in indexed peer-reviewed journals under the theme of pharmacy and clinical medicine.
-Top journals published are: The Lancet (IF 45), Gut (IF: 16), Frontier of Pharmacology (IF 4.4), Medicine (IF 2.13), PLoS One (IF 3.3), BMJ Open (IF 2.7), Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment (IF 1.74), BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine (IF 2.0), International Journal of Infectious Diseases (IF 2.2), Values in Health (IF 3.8), Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management (2.0), Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy (IF 1.9).
1. Ming LC, Hadi MA, Khan TM. Transgender health in India and Pakistan. Lancet. 2016;388:2601-2602.
2. Khan TM, Chiau LM. Polio vaccination in Pakistan: by force or by volition? Lancet. 2015;386: 1733.
3. Lee, L.-H., Ser, H.-L., Khan, T. M., Long, M., Chan, K.-G., Goh, B.-H., & Ab Mutalib, N.-S. (2018). Dissecting the gut and brain: potential links between gut microbiota in development of alzheimer’s disease? Gut, 67, A19.
4. Rosli R, Ming LC, Aziz NA, Manan MM. A Retrospective Analysis of Spontaneous Adverse Drug Reactions Reports Relating to Paediatric Patients. PloS one. 2016;11: e0155385.
5. Salmasi S, Khan TM, Hong YH, Ming LC, Wong TW. Medication Errors in the Southeast Asian Countries: A Systematic Review. PLoS One. 2015;10: e0136545.
6. Shamsuddin S, Akkawi ME, Zaidi ST, Ming LC, Manan MM. Antimicrobial drug use in primary healthcare clinics: a retrospective evaluation. Int J Infect Dis. 2016;52: 16-22.
7. Amin MN, Khan TM, Dewan SMR, Islam MS, Moghal MR, Ming LC. Cross-sectional study exploring barriers to adverse drug reactions reporting in community pharmacy settings in Dhaka, Bangladesh. BMJ open. 2016;6: e010912.
8. Sejari N, Kamaruddin K, Ramasamy K, Lim SM, Neoh CF, Ming LC. The immediate effect of traditional Malay massage on substance P, inflammatory mediators, pain scale and functional outcome among patients with low back pain: study protocol of a randomised controlled trial. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16: 16.
9. Choudhry FR, Mani V, Ming LC, Khan TM. Beliefs and perception about mental health issues: a meta-synthesis. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2016;12: 2807-2818.
10. Shajib, M., Rashid, R. B., Ming, L. C., Islam, S., Sarker, M., Moklesur, (2018). Polymethoxyflavones from Nicotiana plumbaginifolia (Solanaceae) exert antinociceptive and neuropharmacological effects in mice. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 9, 85.
Consultant, MOH Pharmaceutical Technologies
Research and Ethics Committee, KPJ Healthcare University College
Executive Committee Malaysian Society of Pharmaceutical Technology
BMC Health Services Research: Associate Editor
Committee of Special Interest Group, International Society of Pharmacovigilance
Section Expert Group member (Pharmaceutical Education), Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Associations (FAPA)
Reviewer of Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA), Ministry of Education
Medicine Management – Monthly at Home for the Aged SIMEE, Ipoh
Medicine Management – Senior Citizens Home