FOUNDATION IN ARTS
The Foundation in Arts (FIA) programme is a pre-university level programme designed to equip students with the knowledge and understanding of a wide range of courses in the field of social science. The successful completion of this programme allows students to progress directly into a Bachelor’s degree-level programme.
- To provide quality Pre-University qualifications with a broad and balanced curriculum that prepares students for the demands of undergraduate study.
- To equip students with critical thinking and independent learning skills, relevant to the needs of the modern world.
- To train students to be strong analytical problem-solvers who are able to operate within an ethical framework.
- To provide students with excellent communication skills in both written and verbal contexts.
- To equip students with the knowledge they need to satisfy admission requirements for higher education.
The following courses are offered in the Foundation in Arts (JPT/BPP(MQA/FA6536)11/20):
● Principles of Management
|Elective Courses (4)||● Introduction to Creative Studies|
● Introduction to Mass Communication
● Media Cultural Studies
● Media, Technology and Society
● Principles of Education
● Learning Strategies & Study Skills
● Leadership in Education
● Fundamentals of Psychology
● Fundamentals of Sociology
● Principles of Counselling
|Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / ‘O’ Levels||Pass with any five (5) credits|
|Other Qualifications||Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Government of Malaysia|