DOCTOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme is specially designed for motivated high achievers among business leaders, senior managers and rising executives. Throughout the programme, the candidate will be guided to develop the skills to integrate, analyse and synthesise information, conduct independent research, appraise problems, generate new insights and communicate effectively.
The programme aims to expose learners to the different perspectives on, and approaches to, managing and leading in different organisational and cultural contexts and to develop learners’ understanding of the theories and tools appropriate to the task of managing and implementing changes that have a real impact on organisations. The programme also aims to develop learners’ awareness of the wider global context in which business and management takes place, and increase learners’ ability to work confidently across industrial and national boundaries.
Throughout the programme, the learners will be guided on ways to engage in applied research, which requires demonstration of skills related to problem-solving, systematic analysis, communication and collaboration.
|Compulsory courses||Elective courses (choose two)|
** Dissertation – Students are required to carry out an applied research in a particular area of organizational discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study accepted by the Senate, or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree accepted by the Senate
- International Students are required to achieve a minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
- Local Students are required to demonstrate a good command of the English Language. The successful completion of the programme requires candidates to read, write and communicate effectively and extensively in English.
- A face-to-face interview will be requested. Online-mediated interviews may be considered in exceptional circumstances.