FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
The Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) was established in 2011. The Faculty comprises of three schools namely the School of Computing, the School of Engineering, the School of Biological Sciences as well as Foundation in Science. Since establishment, the Faculty has expanded in terms of physical facilities, academic programmes, number of students and staff members. The schools provide excellent teaching facilities, well-equipped laboratories and qualified academic staff. The Faculty constantly makes efforts to collaborate with industry leaders, as well as, leading researchers and academics in universities worldwide. Linkages have already been forged with experts in UK, India and Europe as well as with organisations in Malaysia. The Faculty of Science and Technology, Quest International University Perak, hopes to be the choice of students for a value-added education that prepares graduates to take up the challenges of the future. Training students for analytical and creative thinking, confident presentation skills and innovative problem-solving techniques is part and parcel of elements within the curriculum to ensure FST graduates remain relevant and always sought after by employers.
The programmes currently offered by FST are:
- Bachelor of Electronics Engineering (Communication) with Honours
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Environmental Technology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Actuarial Sciences
- Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Environmental Technology
- Foundation in Science
- To generate & conduct world-class, market-driven programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate students through dedicated academia in the fields of modern biotechnology, engineering, computer technology, chemical and physical sciences.
- To promote and execute cutting-edge fundamental and translational research that stimulates innovation in priority areas of industry, ICT, engineering, agriculture, healthcare and manufacturing through inter-disciplinary approaches.
- To forge and nurture strategic local and international partnerships and collaborative linkages to attain international recognition for a global responsibility and commitment to R&D as well as commercialisation and entrepreneurship.
- To engage responsibly and innovatively with the community and society at large in building a caring and ethically sound next generation human capital
- To empower, motivate and facilitate FST graduates and staff to utilise their full potential to benefit the nation as responsible and committed alumni/global citizens.
What make us unique ?
- FST staff and students are fully focused and oriented towards QIU’s Vision and Mission.
- Programmes are designed to meet needs of the workforce, after consultation with stake-holders.
- Comprehensive knowledge in fundamental sciences is supported by relevant practical experience.
- Emphasis is placed on good research training, alongside experience during industrial engagement.
- FST provides a caring and supportive environment aimed at nurturing individual talents and developing a well-rounded, morally sound and ethically strong new generation of S&T graduates.
Prof. Ir. Dr. Shuib Sahudin
FOUNDATION IN SCIENCE
SCHOOL OF COMPUTING
Dr. Goh Khang Wen
Senior Lecturer & Head of Programme – Bachelor of Actuarial Sciences
Mr. Cheang Kah Wai, Alvin
Senior Lecturer & Programme Coordinator for Information Technology
Mr. Jeyajulian a/l Ramachanderan
Area of specialisation: Mathematics( Foundation Mathematics/Discrete Mathematics/Engineering Mathematics/Calculus and Linear Algebra/Business Mathematics) Statistics (Business Statistics/Statistics and Probability with SPSS)
View full profile »
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lee Lam Hong
Ms. Syazwani Binti Yahya
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
Mr. Muthukumar Vellaisamy
Senior Lecturer & Programme Coordinator for Electronics & Communication Engineering
Ms. Norhidayah binti Ahmad
Senior Lecturer & Programme Coordinator for Mechatronics Engineering (Bachelor)
Dr. Nurul Rawaida Ain Bt Burhani
Lecturer & Programme Coordinator for Mechatronics Engineering (Diploma)
Dr. Mohd Fadzil Ali Bin Ahmad
Area of specialisation: Fluid Flow, Mechanical Design
Dr. Mad Helmi Bin Ab. Majid
Area of specialisation:Robotics
SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Dr Magaret Sivapragasam
Ms. Harleen Kaur Darshan Singh
Area of specialisation: Industrial Biology
Ms. Tharisini A/P Krishnasamy
Ms. Menagah Manokaran
Area of specialisation: Medical Laboratory Technology