INTERNAL GRANT SCHEME (IGS)
The University aspires to be a model research-led private University through promotion and implementation of research, development and innovation in various fields. The University is committed to investing in people and providing a favourable research environment to address both local and global issues as well as be a training ground for career development. As such, the QIUP has introduced an internal grant scheme to assist our researchers gain a competitive edge as well as develop a positive track record for securing external grants.
In aligning our research focus with the University’s strength, 4 Research Centres have been set up:
- Centre for Infectious Diseases and Parasitology Research;
- Centre for Natural Products and Angiogenesis Research;
- Centre for Pharmaceutical Research; and
- Data Ecosystem Research and Development Centre.
These Research Centres will assist in the University’s visibility as a Research led University. It will foster quality interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research and attract high caliber staff, postgraduate students, external collaborations and strategic alliances.
The Objectives of our Internal Grant Scheme (IGS):
- To recognize individual researcher excellence at all career stages;
- To support early career researchers with high research potential in conducting high quality and impactful research projects on a competitive basis;
- To help develop research collaborations with relevant industry partners as well as other external researchers from local as well as International Research Institutions and Universities;
- To provide research funding for projects that are strategically aligned with the University’s research priorities;
- To enhance the researchers competitiveness in bidding for external research grants, both local and international; and
- To support postgraduate research.
The quantum of funding will be determined on a case by case basis and will be finalized after the submission of proposal and reviewed by an expert committee. The application form can be downloaded from the QIUP website.