CENTRE FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND PHYTOCHEMICAL STUDIES (CIDPS)
- The Centre for Infectious Diseases and Phytochemical Studies (CIDPS) has been established to fulfil the Vision and Mission statements of Quest International University Perak (QIU).
- The CIDPS will function within the framework of rules, regulation and policies of Quest International University Perak (QIUP) with research management coordinated by the Centre for Research and Innovation of QIU.
- Research management and graduate courses will be carried out through CRI, QIU.
Structure and Organization
Management of CIDPS will be:
- Within framework of QIUP rules, regulations and policies,
- Research management and Graduate courses will be carried out through CRI, QIU
- Technical review Panel with external and internal members
- Management Committee (Division heads and co-ordinators)
Prof. Dr. Gnanasekaran Ashok
- Prof. Dato. Dr. S.P. Sellaiah
- Prof. Dr. Ranjith Mehenderkar
- Prof. Dr. Natesan Vijayalakshmi
- Prof. Dr. Abdul Rahman Md Said
- Prof. Dr. Aman Shah Abdul Majid
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Murugesan Karthikeyan
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khang Wei Ong
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Yupa Min
- Dr. Nurul Dayana Binti Mahizir
- Dr. Komala Thirumalai
The CIDPS will have the following divisions and units
- Division of Basic Research with following units:
- Plant Drug Discovery
- Division of Applied Research
- Division of Clinical Research
- Division of Product Development
- Division of Capacity Building and Continuing Education
The Centre aspires to be an institution of excellence for interdisciplinary research, education and capacity building in the field of infectious diseases and parasitology contributing to Nation building of Malaysia and improvement in healthcare of the people across the globe.
- To undertake strategic basic, applied, clinical and product development research for understanding aetio-pathogenesis; diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and control of infectious and parasitic diseases.
- To contribute to the global agenda for control/elimination of Neglected Tropical (Infectious) Diseases (NTD).
- To develop and strengthen local, national and international linkages and collaboration for research, education and capacity building in the fields of infectious diseases and parasitology.
- To conduct undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as other continuing education programmes of national and international relevance.
- To provide consultancy services to local, national and international organizations/institutions on demand; and in particular to cater to the needs of State of Perak.
- Commitment to the Vision and Mission statements of QIU.
- Excellence, creativity and innovation.
- Respect for freedom, equity and diversity for research.
- Commitment to enhancement of academic qualification and career progression of researchers.
- Promote private-public and private-private partnership.
- Social responsibility and nation building.
Postgraduate courses (PhD) in the following areas:
- Serological Kit development
Short / Certificate Courses
- Laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases
- Laboratory techniques for the detection of drug resistance in bacteria and fungi
- Molecular techniques in the diagnosis of infectious diseases
- Cell and tissue culture for infectious diseases
- Laboratory diagnosis of common infections
- Plant drug discovery