ABOUT CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND INNOVATION (CRI)
ABOUT CENTRE FOR
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
Welcome to the Centre for Research and Innovation
The Centre for Graduate Studies and Research was established in May 2015. The Centre comprised of two units namely Research Management Unit and Graduate Studies Unit. Beginning 1st March 2018, Centre for Graduate Studies and Research has been renamed to Centre for Research and Innovation (CRI). The Centre is aimed at enhancing and strengthening the current research management system by intensifying R&D efforts in order to improve productivity and efficiency, so as to produce quality research findings and outputs in line with QIU’s vision of being a research-led University. The Centre is the core support system which helps ease and enhance the postgraduate experience for QIU students.
Professor Dr. Vilasini Pillai
( Director )
To be the backbone of the University’s research ecosystem towards achieving the University’s aspirations to be a model research-led private university.
Facilitating, enhancing and strengthening the University’s research culture and environment in moving towards excellence in research and world class recognition by
- Planning and implementing relevant policies to strengthen the research led vision and mission of the University;
- Promoting and inculcating active research participation of all academic staff for the generation and dissemination of impactful output;
- Assisting and promoting postgraduate studies in the University;
- Monitoring research performance and postgraduate studies in the University;
- Setting up Centres of Research in strategic and high impact research areas; and
- Establishing collaborations, synergistic and strategic partnerships internationally and with both the local public and private sectors.