MBBS (Lahore); DCH (Lahore); MCPS (Karachi); DTCH (Liverpool); DipMedEd (Dundee)
Clinical and Teaching Experience:
Areas of Interest:
Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Medical Education (Curriculum development; Staff development; Student assessment).
On-going Research Projects:
- Dengue haemorrhagic fever in children
- Cryptosporidiosis in children
- Desai N, Sood S, Malik AS, Sood M. Aids After HAART (ISBN9789673054589). University Publication Centre
(UPENA), UiTM, 2009
- Malik AS, Quah BS. Clinical Experience of Medical Students in a Developing Country. Education For Health,
- Malik AS, Malik RH. The Undergraduate Curriculum of Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Malaysia
Sarawak in terms of Harden’s 10 questions. Medical Teacher, 2002; 24:616-21.
- Malik AS. Complications of Bacteriologically Confirmed Typhoid Fever in Children. Journal Of Tropical Paedeatrics
2002; 48 (2): 102-8.
- Malik AS, Ismail A, Pennie RA, Naidu JV. Susceptibility Pattern of Streptococcus pneumoniae among Pre-School
Children in Kota Bharu, Malaysia. Journal Of Tropical Paedeatrics, 1998; 44: 10 -14.
- Pennie RA, Malik AS, Wilcox L. Misidentification of Toxigenic Corynebacterium diphtheriae as a Corynebacterium
Species with Low Virulence in a Child with Endocarditis. J. Clin. Microbiol, 1996; 34:1275-6.