- Bsc in Industrial Biology (UTM, 2008)
- MSc in Biotechnology (USM, 2012)
- Teaching – (April 2011 – Present) [QIUP]
- Research – (2008 – Present)
Research Areas of Interest:
- Strain improvement for enhanced enzyme production
- Optimization of enzyme production using statistical design
On-going Research Projects:
- Isolation of enzyme producing bacteria
- Chitinase production through submerged fermentation using pretreated shrimp waste
- Optimization of chitinase production using response surface methodology
Administrative Appointments / Committee Involvements:
- Coordinator for Industrial training (Biotechnology programme)
- Programme coordinator for foundation in Science (2014-2015)
- Course coordinator (Bioprocess Technology, Advanced Fermentation Technology, Enzyme and protein Technology and Genomics and proteomics)
- Hemalatha Murugaiah, Amirul Al Ashraf. Strain improvement for glucoamylase production by Aspergillus niger van Tieghem. 2010. In the 7th regional IMTGT Uninet conference.
- Hemalatha Murugaiah, Phor Khai lyn, Amirul Al Ashraf. Glucoamylase production via solid state fermentation by Aspergillus niger van Tieghem. 2009. International Congress of Malaysian society for microbiology.
- Hemalatha Murugaiah, Amirul Al Ashraf. Strain improvement and optimization of process parameters for glucoamylase production by Aspergillus niger van Tieghem. 2010. In 4th Annual PPSKH postgraduate colloquium.