- Pursuing a Masters’ Degree in Chemistry at University Kebangsaaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Bsc (Hons) Oleochemistry, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
3 years (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia as Research Assistant and Laboratory Demonstrator)
Major Research Interests:
Natural hydrogel polymer – nata de coco (bacterial cellulose)
Conferences or Training:
- International Conference on Halal Gum (ICOHAG): 5-7 December 2012, Parkroyal Penang Resort, Penang, Malaysia – oral presentation.
- Kolokium Siswazah ke-13 Anjuran Fakulti Sains & Teknologi UKM: 3-4 July 2013, Fakulti Sains dan Teknologi, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia – oral presentation.
- Malaysia Polymer International Conference 2013 (MPIC2013): 25-26 September 2013, Hotel Equatorial Bangi-Putrajaya, Selangor – oral presentation.
Selected Research and Publications:
- Bacterial cellulose based hydrogel (BC-g-AA) and preliminary result of swelling behaviour: Adil Hakam, Azwan Mat Lazim, and I. Irman Abdul Rahman, AIP Conference Proceedings 1571, 866 (2013), published by the AIP Publishing.
- Synthesis and Characterization of pH Sensitive Hydrogel using Extracted Pectin from Dragon Fruit Peel: Azwan Mat Lazim, Farahain Mokhtar, Siti Fairuz Mohd Yusof, Ishak Ahmad, Adil Hakam, Vol 17 No 3 (2013): 481-489, published by Malaysian Journal of Analytical Sciences.