BSc (Madras), MSc, MPhil (Bharathidasan), PhD (Madras)
Teaching and Research Experience:
- Seven (7) years and three (3) months
- Lecturer , Department of Microbiology,Faculty of Medicine, Quest International University Perak (QIUP),Malaysia
- Research Scientist & Lecturer (Virology) at MCVR, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, India;
- Field Researcher (SAATHI),University of Madras;
- Junior Research Fellow, University of Madras
Major Research Interests:
Vaccine and Antiviral research, Host virus interaction, Viral disease outbreaks investigation.
Editorial Board Member:
- IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Science (IOSR-JPBS)
- African Journal of Biotechnology
- Indian Journal of Applied Microbiology
- Integrative Molecular Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, USA
Memberships in the Professional bodies:
- Life member of International Society for Infectious diseases
- Fellow Member of Society for Applied Biotechnologist
- Life Member of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists
- Life Member of Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists
- International Society for Applied Life Sciences (ISALS)
Administrative Appointments /Committee Involvements:
- Observer: Joint committee of Biosafety, Animal and Human Research Ethics, Quest International University Perak (QIUP), Malaysia.
- Quality Manager and Internal Auditor (Aug 2012-Mar 2013) – Lab accreditation, ISO 15189 implementation, Quality & Compliance Internal Quality Assessor. MCVR, Manipal University
- Subashini M, Rajendran P, Ashok G and Kanthesh B. TLC, FTIR and GC-MS analysis of leaves of Gymnema sylvestre R.Br from Kolli Hills, Tamil Nadu, India. 2015, International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, Vol. 4, pp. 757-764. ISSN: 2319-7706.
- Karthikeyan M, Ashok G, Vikaram R, Anbalagan S. Preliminary Studies on activity of Ocimum sanctum, Azardirachta indica, Annona squamosa, Tribulus terrestris and Eucalptus globules against Neisseria gonorrhoeae. 2013, World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, Vol. 2, pp. 1232-1237. ISSN 2278-4357.
- Ashok G., Rajendran P., Kannan , Joseph C Daniel., Karthikeyan M., Umamaheshwari P.K, Shivasankari , Meenakshisundaram C., Shivasankar M., Melani Rajendran, Nivedha Rajendran.Seroprevalence of Certain Bacterial and Viral Infections among Irula Tribal Population of Marakannam, Tamilnadu State, India. 2012, Cambridge Journal of Primary Health Care Research & Development. 1-7. ISSN: 1463-4236
- Ashok G , Rajendran P, Jayam S, Karthika R , B.M.Kanthesh , Vikram Reddy, Kulkarni P.S. Assessment of Immune Response and Safety of two Recombinant Hepatitis B Vaccines (Gene Vac- B & Engerix B) in Healthy Infants. 2011,J of Biotech, 10(59), 12707-12710. ISSN: 1684-5315.
- Kannan Mohan, Rajendran Paramasivam ,Pratap Chandran, Vedha Veerasami, Ashok Gnanasekaran, Anushka Shanmugam and Karthikeyan Murugesan. Inhibition of hepatitis B virus DNA polymerase and modulation of TH1 & TH2 cytokine secretion by three Indian medicinal plants and its correlation with antiviral properties.2011, Journal of Pharmacy Research, 4(4), 1044-1046 -ISSN: 0974-6943.
- Saravanamurthy PS M.Sc.,(Ph.D).,Dr.P.Rajendran Ph.D.,Dr.Priya Maria Miranda Ph.D. Ashok G M.Sc.,(Ph.D)., Saisubhasree Raghavan Ph.D., Dr.Dorai Raj M.D., Ms.Supriya Sahu IAS., Dr.L.Ramakrishnan Ph.D., A Cross-sectional Study of Sexual Practices and Sexually Transmitted Infections among Male-to-Female Transgenders in Urban Chennai, India. 2010, American Medical Journal 1 (2): 87-93. ISSN 1949-0070.
Intellectual Properties Rights (Patents):
- A Pharmaceutical formulation exhibiting antiviral activity. IPR No: CBR/10330/3280/CHE/2013 dt 23.07.2013
- An Antiviral activity exhibiting Pharmaceutical composition. IPR No: CBR/10330/3281/CHE/2013 dt 23.07.2013.