BA (Hons) Psychology (UKM), Master of Education,Ed. Psychology (UM), Diploma in Education (UKM) Certificate in Clinical, Hypnosis, (London College of Clinical Hypnosis)
Teaching and Research Experience:
37 years (Sekolah Menengah Arshad,Kota Belud, Sabah 1979-1980, Institute Technology MARA,Shah Alam 1982-1983, University of Malaya 1983-1984, MARA Community College, Kuantan Pahang 1984-1988,Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education, University Brunei Darussalam, Negara Brunei Darussalam 1988-2011, Quest International University Perak since 2011)
Major Research Interests:
Adolescent problems, adjustments and coping, indiscipline problems of students, bullying, stress and coping, values in counselling, leadership, positive psychology, drug abuse and student motivation.
Other relevant information
- Royal Award: Pingat Indah Kerja Baik (P.I.K.B.) Negara Brunei Darussalam, 2008
- Adviser (until 2011), Brunei Counselling Association (PERKAB)
- Board Member, Association of Psychological Educational Counselors of Asia-Pacific(APECA),since 2004
- Life Member, Association of Psychological Educational Counselors of Asia-Pacific (APECA)
- Foreign Affiliate, American Psychological Association (APA) since 1988
- Head, Department of Social Sciences MARA Community College, 1985-1987
- Head, Department of Educational Psychology, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education, University Brunei Darussalam (for 12 years)
- Narasappa K. & Suppiah C. (2011). Brunei Darussalam. The Oxford Handbook of the History of Psychology: Global Perspectives (Ed. David B. Baker). p. 51-58.
- Suppiah C. & Zulkifli Rasid (2010). The status and issues related to the implementation of counselling services in Brunei Darussalam. Journal of Education. Curriculum Development Department, Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam. Vol.15, 12-19.
- Suppiah C. & Rajagopal S. D. (2009). Adolescent problems as perceived by students in a technical college in Brunei in Journal of Education. Curriculum Development Department, Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam. Vol.14, 47-59.
- Narasappa K. & Suppiah C. (2006). Adolescents in Brunei. Routledge International Encyclopaedia of Adolescents.
- Suppiah C. & Burns R. (2005). Profile of Adolescent Problems in Brunei Darussalam. Journal of Applied Research in Education. Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education. Universiti Brunei Darussalam. Vol. 9. 166-178.