- M.B., B.S. (Rangoon), D.Path. (Rangoon),
- M.Sc. (Medicine)(Immunology) (UK),
- MAIMS (Australia), FCAP (USA).
Teaching & Research Experience:
- 19 years in Myanmar (Institute of Medicine 1 & 2, Rangoon University, Department of Medical Research, Yangon)
- 14 years in Malaysia (Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Universiti Kuala Lumpur – Royal College of Medicine Perak, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Quest International University Perak)
Major Research Interests:
Research on Helicobacter pylori infection; Effects of ATP-induced Macrophage cell death (Apoptosis) in intracellular mycobacterium infection; Breast Cancer research, Thyroid cancer research
- Member, Myanmar Medical Council (MMC) (since 1979)
- Myanmar Association of Clinical Pathologists (ACP since1989)
- British Society of Immunology (in 1994)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (MAIMS since 2001)
- Member of the American Association of Clinical Chemistry (AACC -2002)
- Member, Malaysian Medical Council (MMC since 2004)
- Member, Malaysian Medical Association (MMA since 2007)
- Fellow of the College of American Pathologists (FCAP since 2007)
- National Specialist Registry (Pathology) (2015)
Administrative Appointments /Committee Involvements:
- HOD Pathology Department, QIUP
- Member – Faculty Manangement Committee
- Member – Curriculum Committee
- WHO Scholarship Award (1994-95) for Master of Science (Medicine- immunology),The Medical School, University of Birmingham, UK
- Membership Award (2001), Australian Institute of Medical Scientists, Milton, Australia.
- Gallwas Grant Award (2002), American association of Clinical Chemistry, Washington, DC, USA.
- Australian Professional Acknowledgment Continuation Education (APACE) Certificate (2002) (2004), Australian Institute of Medical Scientists, Milton, Australia.
- 2008 Best Reviewer Award, Singapore Medical Journal (SMJ)
- 2009/2010 Distinctive Reviewer Recognition Award, Singapore Medical Journal(SMJ)
- 2009-2010 Member Market Research Panels Award, The College of American Pathologists.
- The Marquis Who’s Who Publication Board: Who’s Who in the World (2011)
- Remote Area Scholarship award to attend the “Australia Institute of Medical Scientists/ New Zealand Institute of Medical Scientists: AIMS/NZIMLS South Pacific Congress: from 8th to 12th August, 2011, Gold Coast, Australia”.
Conferences and Training:
- 2012 Lanzhou International Forum on Clinical Medicine Development, Lanzhou, China from May 25-27, 2012.
- EPS Xuzhou International Hormone Symposium, Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province,China from April 15th to 16th, 2011.
- AIMS/NZIMLS South Pacific Congress: from 8th to 12th August, 2011, Gold Coast, Australia.
- The Sixth Congress of the Asian Medical Education Association: Trends in Medical Education; 2011; March 23-26.
- The Sixth International Symposium on Hormonal Oncogenesis; 2010; September 12-16.
- ABCD Dermatopathology Course 1/2011: from 8th to 9th October2011, Medical Academies of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Seminar & Workshop on Immunohistochemistry & Oral Pathology. 6th March 2015, Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
- 2nd Annual Scientific Meeting: Uropathology & Dermatopathology. Organized by the International Academy of Pathology Malaysian Division, 11th -13th September 2015, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
- Digital Pathology Congress: Asia. Organized by Global Engage UK: International Anatomical Pathology, 21-22 September 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Selected Research and Publications:
- Than Than Htwe. Role of Galectin-3 in Thyroid Cancer. (Editorial). Thyroid Disorders Ther, Open access. 2012, 1:4 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2167-7948.1000e103
- Than Than Htwe, Sabaridah Binti Ismail, and Gary Low KK. A Comparative Assessment on Students’ Performance and Perception on Objective Structured Practical Models in Undergraduate Pathology Teaching. Singapore Medical J, 2014; 55 (9): p502-505.
- Than Than Htwe, Sabaridah Binti Ismail, Khin Darli Tun, and Peela Jagannadha Rao. Napping and its effects upon medical students’ ability to concentrate. Libyan J Med Res, 2014; 8 (1):p109-115. http://www.ljmr.com.ly/jornal/Vol8/volume%208,%201,(18).pdf
- Sinniah B and Than Than Htwe. Gross and histopathological changes in the liver of urban rats infected with Calodium Hepaticum infection. J Basic Med & Allied Sc, 2015; 5 (4). http://jbmas.com/issues_details.php?id=129
- Than Than Htwe, Yupa Min, Nurul Bahiyah and Norain Karim. A Retrospective Histopathological Study on Diagnostic Dilemma in Prostate Diseases from Year 2009-2011 in Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan. 2015 Abstract. 11-13 September 2015, in 2nd Annual Scientific Meeting of International Academy of Pathology Malaysian Division, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
- Than Than Htwe, Aye Aye Tun and Norain Karim. Introducing Digital Pathology Teaching to Undergraduate Medical Students from University Kuala Lumpur – Royal College of Medicine Perak: An exploratory study. 2015Abstract. Digital Pathology Congress: Asia. 21-22 September 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Singapore Medical Journal (SMJ)(2008-todate)
- Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology (CROH)(2013-todate)
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine International, Dove Medical Press (2014)
- Tropical Biomedicine (2015)
- Oncotarget (2015)
- Lavender Than Than Htwe on Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Series Foundation in Diagnostic Pathology. Saunder Elsevier 2010. 1st edition. Edited by AL. Folpe & CY Inwards. Series editor: John R.Goldblum in Australian Journal of Medical Science, 2010; 31 (4): 138-9
- Lavender Than Than Htwe on Fine Needle Aspiration of Bone Tumours: The clinical, Radiological, Cytological Approach. Monographs in Clinical Cytology. Vol .19. Mans Akerman, Henryk A. Domanski, Kjell Jonsson. Karger. Editor: S.R. Orell. 2010. in Australian Journal of Medical Science, 2011; 32 (1): 28.
- Lavender Than Than Htwe on FNA Cytology in the Diagnosis of Lymphoma. Monographs in Clinical Cytology. Vol. 18. L Skoog and E Tani. Karger. Editor: S.R. Orell. 2009. in Australian Journal of Medical Science, 2011
- Lavender Than Than Htwe on Atlas of Orthopaedic Pathology. By Lester E. Wold, K. Krishnan Unni, Franklin H. Sim, Murali Sundaram, Claus-Peter Adler. Saunders Elsevier, 3rd edition, 2008, in Australian Journal of Medical Science, 2011
- Than Than Htwe. Role of Galectin-3 in Thyroid Cancer (Editorial). Thyroid Disorders Ther, Open access. 2012, 1:4 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2167-7948.1000e103
Editorial Board Member
- Editorial Board Member (Open Access). Journal of Thyroid Disorders & Therapy, ISSN: 2167-7948 http://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/editorialboard-thyroid-disorders-therapy-open-access.php