- Bachelor of Pharmacy ( Punjab University, Lahore), MSc. Pharmacology (USM), Phd (USM) RPh (Malaysia).
- Certificate of Good Clinical Practice from Ministry of Health Malaysia
Teaching and Research Experience:
Major Research Interests
- Cardiovascular and Renal Pharmacology/Physiology
- Antihypertensive and hypoglycaemic effects of herbal extracts
Member of :
- Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
- Pakistan Pharmacist Association.
- Malaysian Society of Pharmacology and Physiology.
- “Handbook of Antibacterial Agents”. ISBN No: 978-3-659-51665-8 (2013). Published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany.
- Main Analytical Techniques Used for Elemental Analysis in Various Matrices. Authors: ABM Helal Uddin, Reem Saadi Khalid, Mohamed Alaama and Syed Atif Abbas.Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Feb. 2016
- Comparative study of three digestion methods for elemental analysis in traditional medicine products using atomic absorption spectrometery. Authors: ABM Helal Uddin, RS Khalid, M Alaama, Abdulrahman M Abdulkader, Abdulrazak kasmuri and S A Abbas. Accepted in Journal of Analytical Science and Technology, Jan. 2016
- Determination of heavy metal contents by atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS) in some medicinal plants from Pakistani and Malaysian origin Sobia. AUTHORS: Akram, Rahila Najam , Ghazala H. Rizwani and Syed Atif Abbas. Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.28 No.5, September 2015, pp.1781-1787, 2015
- Efficacy of Malaysian Herbal Products in treating Diabetes Mellitus. AUTHORS: Sadia Saleem Rao, Rahila Najam, Syed Atif Abbas Can J App Sci; Issue 1; Vol.05; 09-14; 2015
- Determination of Arsenic Content of Available Traditional Medicines in Malaysia using Hydride Generation Atomic Absorption Spectrometry. AUTHORS: ABMH Uddin, RS Khalid, UA Khan, S A Abbas. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 12 (6), 1053-1056, 2014
- A review on the formulation and analysis of Anti-Diabetic agent: Gliclazide. AUTHORS: A B M Helal Uddin, Mohamed Alaama, Abdualrahman Mohammed Abdualkader, Mohamed B. Awang, Qamar Uddin Ahmed and S. Atif Abbas. Advanced material Research Vol.810 159-172, Switzerland, 2013
- A review of heavy metals contaminations in Traditional medicinal products available in Malaysia. AUTHORS: A B M Helal Uddin, Reem S Khalid, S. Atif Abbas. Journal of Applied Pharmacy. 04 (02) 748-756, 2013