- Ph D Microbiology,
- M Sc in Medical Microbiology
- FSAB Fellow Society for Applied Biotechnology
Teaching & Research Experience:
Major Research Interests:
- Epidemiology of Melioidosis in Malaysia
- Immunomodulation from plant sources
- Editorial board member – Microbiology Journal (Science Alert)
- Reviewer – Current Bioinformatics (Bentham Science)
Administrative Appointments /Committee Involvements:
- Program Coordinator – Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Examinations Coordinator – Faculty of Medicine
- Course Cooridnator – Respone to Stimulus, Year 1 MBBS
- Member in curriculum development committee
- Member in Faculty management committee
- Antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of 228 isolates of Burkholderia pseudomallei from melioidosis cases reported between 2005 – 2010 in State of Kedah, Malaysia. Muhammad RA Hassan, Natesan Vijayalakshmi, Subhada Prasad Pani, Ng P Peng, Ranjith Mehenderkar, Kirtanaa Voralu, Edwin Michael. South East Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health. 2014. 45(3), 680-688.
- Can smoking cause melanization of Cryptococcus neoformans in vivo?
S. Gokulshankar, Ranjith MS, Valli K, Ranjitsingh AJA, Malaysian Journal of Microbiology 7(4) 2011, pp. 233-235.
- Incidence, risk factors and clinical epidemiology of Melioidosis: A complex socio-ecological emerging infectious disease in the Alor Setar region of Kedah, Malaysia. Muhammad R A Hassan , Subhada P Pani , Ng P Peng , Kirtanaa Voralu , Natesan Vijayalakshmi , Ranjith Mehanderkar , Norasmidar A Aziz and Edwin Michael. BMC Infectious Diseases 2010, 10:302.
- Hair growth modulating effect of a novel herbal formulation. A rediscovery of traditional knowledge. JR Krishnamoorthy, Sumithira R, Gokulshankar S, Ranjith MS, Ranganathan S, Mohanty BK. J. Appl. Cosmetol. 2010, 28, 147-151.
- Solanum trilobatum in the Management of Atopy: Through Inhibition of Mast Cell Degranulation and Moderation of Release of Interleukins. M. S. Ranjith, A.J.A. Ranjitsingh, S. Gokul Shankar, G. S. Vijayalaksmi, K. Deepa, K. Babu, Harcharan Singh Sidhu. Pharmacognosy Research 2010;2:10-4.
- Does Earthworm contribute in the parasitic evolution of dermatophytes? S Gokul Shankar, S Ranganathan, MS Ranjith and GS Vijayalakshmi. Mycoses 2002; 45 pp399-401.
- Studies of the prevalence, serotypes and mating patterns of Cryptococcus neoformans in the pellets of different avifauna in Madras, India. S Gokul Shankar, MS Ranjith and S Ranganathan. Mycoses 2004; 47 (7), pp310-314.
- Author, Microbiology Practical Workbook, 2012 Published by Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH, Germany
- Co-Author, Fungal Diseases and Diagnosis, 2001. Supported by Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology TNSCST, Government of India