MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), MD (Cardiology), CCD (Diabetology)
Teaching & Research Experience:
Teaching and Training Experiences:
- Lab Aid Cardiac Hospital, Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh:
- Position : Resident Medical Officer (RMO)
- Field : Clinical and Interventional Cardiology
- Duration : One (1) year
- Commence : July 2004
- End : July 2005
- MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- Position : Intern doctor
- Field : Medicine, Surgery , Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Duration : Four (4) months each department, total One (1) year.
- Commence : 30th July, 2001
- End : 29th July 2002
- BIRDEM General Hospital, Shahbagh, Dhaka, Bangladesh:
- Position : Medical Officer (MO), Senior Medical Officer
- Field : Cardiology (including Coronary Care Unit, CCU),
- Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Critical care Medicine, Gastroenterology, Nephrology and Dialysis, Neuromedicine and Endocrinology.
- Duration :
- To full-fill the log book of post graduate curriculum I got two and half years (2½) training certificate in Internal Medicine.
- My parent ward was initially Cardiology where I worked 3 years and 8 months and among that one (1) year placement was in CCU.
- According to the hospital curriculum there’s rotation placement in different departments. I have been trained up six (6) months by Critical Care Medicine and three (3) months by the other departments of the hospital
- Finally I was placed to the Emergency Medicine Department where I was attached for four (4) years.
- Total duration of clinical attachment was almost eight (8) years.
- Commence : July 2005
- End : May 2013
- Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), Dhaka, Bangladesh:
- Position : Honourary Medical Officer (HMO)
- Field : Internal Medicine
- Duration : Six (6) months
- Commence : 1st January, 2008
- End : 30th June, 2008
- AIMST University Clinic, Kedah, Malaysia:
- Position : General Physician
- Field : Out Patient Department (Medicine)
- Duration : September 2013 to December 2015.
- National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD), Dhaka, Bangladesh:
- Position : MD (Cardilogy) Final Part student
- Field : Clinical and Interventional Cardiology
- Duration : Two (2) years
- Commence : July 2010
- End : July 2012
Research Experiences: 8 years.
Major Research Interests:
- Interventional Cardiology
- Metabolic syndrome
- Bangladesh Medical Association (BMA) – Life Member.
- Bangladesh Cardiac Society (BCS) – Life Member.
- Bangladesh Society of Critical Care Medicine (BSCCM) – General Member.
- Bangladesh Society of Medicine (BSM) – General Member.
- Association of Physician of Bangladesh (APB) – Life Member.
Administrative Appointments /Committee Involvements:
- Level: Year 2, 3 & 4 MBBS.
- Contact Hours: As per the institutional curriculum
- Teaching methodology: Core lecture, SGT, Symposium, PBL, Bed side clinical.
- Rahim MA, Kabir MS et al., ‘Biologics – Newer treatment option for rheumatoid arthritis: A Review’, BIRDEM Medical Journal, January 2012 (1); 2:44, ISSN 2305-3720.
- Rahim MA, Kabir MS et al., ‘Study habit of post graduate students and residents in medicine and major barriers against an effective training – A Multi-Institutional Survey’, Bangladesh Journal of Medicine, January 2013 (1); 24:10-13, ISSN:1023-1986.
- Ahmed A, Kabir MS et al., ‘Lipid pattern and atherogenic index among medical students’, Journal of Dhaka National Medical College and Hospital, March 2014 (1); 20, ISSN: 1815-3100.
- Romel MA, Kabir MS et al., ‘Association between elevated brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels with extend of coronary artery disease (CAD) in patients with unstable angina and NSTEMI’, Mymensingh Medical Journal, July 2014 (3); 23:544-51, Indexed in Index Medicus, MEDLINE and PubMED, ISSN:1022-4742.
- Shirin L, Kabir MS et al., “Study of External Measurements of Heart in Adult Bangladeshi Population”, University Heart Journal Vol. 10, No. 2, July 2014, pp-78-80.
- Principal author in oral presentation entitled “Plasma BNP as prognostic marker in patient with ACS” accepted in 2nd International conference on Critical Care Medicine (Criticon Bangladesh, 2015) organized by Bangladesh Society of Critical Care Medicine (BSCCM), February 14-15, 2015 in Dhaka, Bangladesh (Conference postponed due to political turmoil).
- Co-author in poster presentation accepted by Institute of Innovative Learning, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand in 2nd International Conference on Innovation in Education (ICIE 2015) entitled “‘Medical undergraduates’ perception of cadaver dissection towards learning anatomy”. Paper ID: 2015-3-20150125-024654. Date: February 6, 2015.
- Co-author in Poster presentation accepted in International Anatomical and Biomedical Scientific (IABS) Conference 2015, organized by Malaysian Anatomical Association (MAA) in UPM, Selangor, Malaysia entitled “Tricuspid valve orifice and leaflets dimensions among Bangladeshi population”.