Careers at QIUP
As part of our expansion program with the launching of newer courses, opportunities are present for well qualified, experienced candidates who wish to take on challenging roles in a pioneering capacity to help develop and grow with the University. We invite applications for the positions of Professor, Senior Associate Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Senior Lecturer and Lecturer in the disciplines and associated areas of specialization listed below.
- Faculty of Medicine
Anatomy; Physiology; Psychiatry; Internal Medicine; Paediatrics
- Candidates should have postgraduate qualifications in the respective subjects/disciplines.
- Candidates for Clinical fields should have Malaysian Medical Council recognized undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications.
- Candidates with undergraduate teaching experience, particularly in Malaysian Medical schools will be preferred.
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical & Allied Health Sciences
The Dean of Faculty will report to the Vice-Chancellor and will initially be responsible for:
- Assisting in the design and development of the academic programmes of the 3 component schools of Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Health in the Faculty
- Overseeing fitting out of facilities for the pharmacy and other allied health science programmes
- Assisting in the MQA accreditation process
- Recruitment of a leadership team and faculty
- Establishing collaborative relationships including sites for experiential placements
Position: Vice Dean, School of Pharmacy
Candidate for this position should possess a PhD with 5 years teaching experience and must be registered with the Malaysian Pharmacy Board.
He or she will report to the Dean of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical & Allied Health Sciences and will have the following responsibilities:
- Leadership of the School's Curriculum Committee in ensuring that all courses remain current and meet the learning outcomes established in the current curriculum guide, and that periodic revisions based on student, evaluator and industry feedbacks are introduced into the curriculum to ensure quality and relevancy of content;
- Efficient administration and cost-effective management of the School, including all aspects of teaching, learning & assessment, cooperative education and research, with strict adherence to Statute-established protocols in the conduct of meetings of the School and the Faculty; and
- Preparation of the annual business plans covering projected income and expenditure for the consideration of the Dean and the University Management
- Faculty of Integrative Sciences and Technology
- Biotechnology (Plant Biology, Animal Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology)
- Analytical Chemistry; Applied Physics
- Programming; Software Engineering; Systems & Networking; Database Management; Computer Security
Electronics & Communications Engineering:
- Electronic Devices and Circuits; Signal Processing; Analogue & Digital Communications; VLSI Design
- Candidate should have postgraduate qualifications in the respective subjects/disciplines.
- Candidates with Doctoral Degree (PhD) and undergraduate teaching experience in Malaysian universities will be preferred.
- Faculty of Business, Management & Social Sciences
Management (Human Resource, Marketing, Operations); Economics; Business Information Systems; Business Mathematics & Statistics
Sociology; Psychology; Counselling
Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Candidate should have postgraduate qualifications, in the respective subjects/disciplines.
- Candidates with Doctoral Degree (PhD) and undergraduate teaching experience will be preferred.
- For professional areas such as Accountancy, a professional qualification is also preferred.
- Centre for Foundation Studies
- Candidates should have an undergraduate degree in the respective subjects. Postgraduate qualifications will be an advantage.
- Candidates with undergraduate or pre-university teaching experience, particularly in Malaysian colleges or universities will be preferred
- Registrar’s Office
Position: Quality Officer
- Develop and implement goals, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to Quality Assurance in accordance with guidelines of MQA and other relevant quality systems including international standards and legislation
- Establish policy for documentation of processes, and maintain up-to-date documentation of processes and procedures
- Manage and maintain the University’s quality programs for goods, materials and services sourced from external parties, and ensure they meet standards set by the University and adhere to government safety or quality standards and regulations
- Incorporate Safety, Health and Environmental standards in the implementation of quality programs
- Degree in Management or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, including preparation of MQA documents for institution of higher education
- Good knowledge of the rules and regulations set by the Ministry of Higher Education and MQA
Position: Librarian / Library Officers
- Provide library and research services and maintain the organization of library materials and provide effective access to library collections and resources
- Manage key areas of user services, administrative services, and technical services
- Manage, organise, evaluate and disseminate information, providing services and support to members and ensure collections and services support curriculum, information and research needs
- Research, electronic, resources, systems, and other professional posts within the fields of acquisitions and cataloguing
- Select or recommend selection of library resources in varied formats, including print and electronic multimedia resources
- Master of Library Science (MLS) degree or equivalent with at least 5 years work experience in a University is required for the position of Librarian
- Bachelor of Library Science or equivalent with relevant work experience for Officer position
- Marketing Division
Position: Assistant Manager
- Assist in the planning and managing of the University’s overall marketing and execution of marketing strategies for successful business development
- Assist in managing 3rd party vendors and ensure continuous quality and time effective deliverables
- Prepare and manage related activities calendar
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing/ Business Development or equivalent with about 3 years working experience in Marketing roles
- Have knowledge in handling student recruitment
Position: Marketing Executive / Junior Executive
- Assist the Marketing Manager in his/her duties & responsibilities
- Assist in planning strategies with the Marketing Manager for successful student recruitment
- Assist the Marketing Manager in executing marketing activities
- Diploma or equivalent with about 2 years working experience, preferably in Marketing/ Business Development or equivalent
- Fresh graduates with or without experience
- Possess good communication skill/ hardworking and good interpersonal and communication skills with pleasant personality
- Good organizational skills
- Result driven, team worker & work fast,
- Competent in Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have a good command of spoken and written English. Ability to communicate in Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin is an advantage
- Possess own transport and willing to travel
- Education Industry experience is an advantage
- Information & Communications Technology Division
Position: IT Assistant / IT Officer
- Install, configure and perform maintenance works for ICT equipment (computers, laptops, peripherals, networking and audio/visual equipment)
- Check and test hardware and software compatibility
- Use CLI and create/deploy software images on computers/laptops
- Attend to requests raised by users through Help Desk System
- Audit and maintain inventory of ICT equipment
- Diploma in Computer Studies / Information Technology or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in computer hardware, software and networking (LAN, WAN)
- Basic knowledge of inventory management
- Possess good ICT analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in Windows Server environment and exposure to open-source platforms / tools would be favourable
- Must have good communication skills
All interested applicants must submit their complete and updated Curriculum Vitae listing personal particulars, academic qualifications with copies of certificates attesting qualifications and teaching/ working experience, a list of research work and publications (where relevant). Please indicate clearly which post, field and level to be considered for, current and expected salary, notice period and enclose a passport size photograph. Applicants are also required to submit names of at least 2 referees to verify their qualifications, experience and ability. Non-Malaysian applicants are requested to include scanned copy of their passport page showing identification details. Practising professionals who wish to contribute to academia can be considered for part-time positions.
The University offers an attractive salary package which commensurate with qualifications and experience. Offer of employment and position offered will depend on qualification, work experience, research experience, publications and performance in the interview.
QUEST INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY PERAK
No.227, Plaza Teh Teng Seng (Level 2)
Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun
Perak Darul Ridzuan
For academic posts, review of applications will continue until the vacancies are filled. For non-academic posts, the closing date for applications is 15 February 2013. Applicants who are not contacted within 3 months of this date may consider their applications unsuccessful.