Why Study Languages
Language is communication, and in today’s interconnected world communication is essential. A strong command of language gives you the chance to engage with your world in an effective and meaningful manner – eliminating barriers and borders that separate us.
Here’s why QIU’s Language Centre will open your world and make you stand out from the crowd.
- Connect with Different Backgrounds and Cultures
Being multilingual unlocks communication with different cultural and geographical parts of the world.
- Advance Your Career
Become an assured, effective speaker who can harness language as a tool to advance your career. A foreign language also makes your skills more transferable in an increasingly global economy.
- Stand Out From the Competition
Improving your language skills will make you highly sought-after in a world where communication is key
QIU Short English Courses
Your Language Level
Communicate and succeed as a speaker of English in various environments – at school, university, work or when travelling and socialising. This course is for English learners of all levels.
Choose Effective English to:
- Communicate in English with fluency and confidence
- Improve your English language skills –reading, writing, listening and speaking
Throughout Effective English you will:
- Sharpen speaking skills through role-play, debates and presentations on current affairs
- Master writing different types of communication such as reports, emails, articles and reviews
- Listen to authentic materials such as TV and radio programmes to develop comprehension skills
- Read and comprehend a wide range of articles, stories and other texts.
- Location: Ipoh, Perak
- Min Age: 16 years old
- Class Size: 7-14
- Language Level:
- Beginner A1 and Above
- A2+ and Above
Sharpen your English skills and improve your examination techniques in preparation for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)exams. Both exams are among the premier internationally-recognised qualifications to determine a candidate’s level of English. IELTS is a qualification recognised by over 10,000 organisations worldwide, while TOEFL is accepted in over 150 countries.
Choose this course to:
- Understand how the IELTS and TOEFL exams work and how to achieve the score you want
- Boost your confidence with detailed exam preparation
- Improve your English language skills - listening, reading, writing and speaking
Throughout these courses, you will:
- Practice your speaking skills through role-play, debates and presentations on current affairs
- Learn how to write for the IELTS and TOEFL formats - including how to interpret data and present opinions when writing essays
- Practice exam questions in class, in tandem with IELTS and TOEFL resources available for self-study
- Listen to presentations, lectures and the opinions of your fellow students
- Practice reading academic articles and reports
- Learn to describe data and interpret meaning from context
- Develop new vocabulary and grammar structures while improving pronunciation
This course will teach you to improve your communication skills to excel in the fast-paced, high-pressure corporate world.
Choose Corporate English to:
- Communicate more fluently and accurately in English
- Attain specialist vocabulary and language for work use
- Increase your confidence when communicating in English at work and in business situations
- Develop a range of skills needed to successfully operate in the corporate world
Throughout Corporate English you will:
- Analyse real world business case studies to understand business decision making
- Practice writing emails and reports for clear business communication
- Research, create and deliver effective presentations for work
- Role-play different business situations - leading meetings, making business calls, and
- Practise the language, vocabulary and skills of business negotiation
- Listen to authentic television business news reports to develop your listening comprehension skills
Prepare for success in the workplace by practising interview skills and writing CVs
Choose a workshop focusing on a specific skill that will help you reach your learning goals faster. These courses are for English language learners from any level.
QIU’s Soft Skills courses will help you:
- Focus on specific skills
- Enhance your public speaking skills by improving your body language and confidence
- Learn to develop persuasive and informative presentations with the right visuals and techniques
- Hone your interpersonal skills and learn to build a varied, dynamic social network that will drive your career forward
- Learn to communicate in a persuasive yet polished manner when dealing with tough workplace situations
At QIU we believe that learning a foreign language cultivates your whole self. Knowing a foreign language can unlock cultural and geographical parts of the world, help you understand your native language better and teach you to process what's around you from a different perspective. A foreign language also makes your skills more transferable in an increasingly global economy.
QIU offers six language courses that will open the door to some of the world’s most fascinating regions and economic opportunities:
- Bahasa Melayu
- Upper Intermediate
- Japanese - Spanish - Korean
Register online now via http://bit.ly/qiulanguages