Foundation in Arts JPT/BPP(MQA/FA6536)11/20
The Foundation in Arts (FIA) programme is designed to produce students to qualify for their undergraduate studies in the field of art. The program is conducted in 3 semesters where all core subjects are taught during Semester 1 and Semester 2. In Semester 3, students will choose elective courses from the following:
The Foundation in Arts is also a unique foundation programme that combines courses with IT, English and Management to give students a solid foundation in their studies while at the same time, opening their minds to other related and relevant knowledge. Such exposure to a wider spectrum of academic material will provide students an integrated learning experience of how each and every one of these related disciplines impinges upon the working environment.
- To provide good quality Pre-University qualification with a broad and balanced curriculum that prepares students to meet the demands of undergraduate study.
- To equip students with critical thinking and independent learning skills relevant to the need of the modern world.
- To train students to be strong analytical problem solvers who are able to operate within an ethical framework.
- To provide students with excellent communication skills in both written and verbal contexts.
- To equip students with sufficient knowledge that will assist them to satisfy admission requirements for the higher education.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and apply basic theoretical perspective in the field of arts.
- Conceptualise and coordinate ideas, and execute decisions related to basic principles in the field of arts based on an understanding of holistic education principles.
- Communicate their ideas effectively and present using visual, oral and written presentation skills relevant to their fields.
- Critically evaluate theoretical and evidence based arguments and situations confidently.
Educational Pathways for Foundation in Arts Students
The unique combination of subjects in this programme allows for greater flexibility in the choice of a degree programme. After successfully completing the foundation programme, students can choose to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in any one of the following disciplines in QIUP: Corporate Communication, Mass Communication, Psychology, Early Childhood Education, Special Needs Education and Psychology.
- Pass SPM or equivalent qualifications approved by the University Senate and Ministry of Higher Education with credits in any five (5) subjects.
- Pass ‘O’ Levels with credits in any five (5) subjects.