Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) JPT/BPP(A10305)11/19
The Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) programme is a mainstream computing programme aimed at producing graduates capable of managing information and information systems in a wide range of IT environments and in the field of applications development.
One major highlight of the Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) programme is its innovative curriculum that balances theory and application. Students will go through extensive laboratory practise of technical subjects and four months of intensive industrial training that will give them substantial exposure on the techniques used in the IT industry. The project work in the final year of study includes problem-solving case studies that will provide undergraduates the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills and prepare them for real-world work scenarios.
Students will be given the option to complete their industrial training within the country, or overseas at identified centres such as the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad. Assignments, workshops/seminar, industrial training and successful projects undertaken throughout the duration of the programme will contribute towards the creation of a student who has the requisite skills to obtain suitable jobs or to get involved in the business world in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Communications and/or Engineering. Furthermore, besides acquiring adequate knowledge in the field of Information Technology, students will have the option to specialise in distributed systems, database management, security or embedded systems. Graduates with special training in any of the abovementioned areas are highly sought-after in the IT industry.
PROFESSIONAL BODIES / IMPORTANT LINKS
- To impart broad theoretical knowledge and strong hands-on skills in Computer Science using industry relevant information technology software tools.
- To inculcate in students strong analytical and critical thinking skills related to best coding, debugging and testing practices so that they are employable by the ICT industries.
- To equip the students with abilities to investigate, analyse, model, design, develop and evaluate computing solutions.
- To implant in the students the necessary skills so as to enable them to communicate and work effectively as an individual and as a member or leader of a team.
- To instill in the students the ethics and morals that will enable them to lead a decent and dignified professional life with an understanding of societal responsibilities.
Graduates of this programme will, typically, be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of Computer Science to solve computing problems.
- Select relevant algorithms or techniques for solving problems.
- Choose appropriate hardware and software tools for their profession and use them to innovate, design and develop suitable products for the market.
- Use the information and communication technologies to communicate and lead effectively.
- Conduct in-depth research on a chosen topic of their interest and prepare a report for presentation to a group of professionals.
- Engage in life-long learning activities.
|Specialisation Courses||Distributed Systems
FAQs on Specialisations:
|Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM)||Pass STPM or equivalent with at least grade C (NGMP 2.00) in two (2) subjects and credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM (or equivalent) level or grade C (NGMP 2.00) in STPM|
|General Certificate of Education
Advanced (“A”) Level / New South Wales Higher School Certificate (NSW HSC)
|Pass A Levels with full passes in two (2) subjects and credit in Additional Mathematics (or equivalent) at O-Level (or equivalent)|
|QIUP Foundation in Business / Science||Pass with a minimum CGPA of 2.00|
|SAM / AUSMAT / UNSW Foundation / MUFY / CIMP / CPU||Pass|
|Matriculation / Foundation / Asasi - IPTA & IPTS||Pass with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM (or equivalent) level|
|Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)||Pass with at least grade B in five (5) subjects including Additional Mathematics or equivalent|
|HSC / Standard 12 India||Pass with grade C in any three (3) subjects and credit in Mathematics at SSC level or equivalent|
|Diploma in IT / Computer Science / Information Systems / Software Engineering||Minimum CGPA 2.50 and credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM (or equivalent) (Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to stringent internal assessment process)|
|International Baccalaureate (IB)||Pass with a minimum total points of 24 and a minimum score of 4 in Mathematics|
|Bangladesh Higher School Certificate (HSC)||Pass with grade B in any (3) three subjects and credit in Mathematics at SSC level or equivalent|
|Diploma in other fields||Minimum CGPA 2.50 and credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM (or equivalent) level may be admitted subject to stringent internal assessment process|
|Other Qualifications||Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government|