Bachelor of Special Needs Education (Hons) JPT/BPP(MQA/PA6537)11/21
Bachelor of Special Needs Education (Hons) is a specially designed degree for students interested in working with young children (birth – age eight) with special needs and their families. It is designed to prepare educators to be leaders in the field; working in a variety of early learning settings, early intervention programmes, mainstream schools, with a diverse group of students and families and related stakeholders in the community.
This programmes equips graduates with the:
- expertise in evidence based practices for young children with and at risk for disabilities, and their families
- skills for supporting and collaborating with families, including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- effective strategies for providing instruction to young children with disabilities
- collaboration skills necessary for working on interdisciplinary teams.
- Professional Placement (Field Experiences) is a key component of this programme. Students will have the opportunity to work with a range of children and families in early intervention programmes (Early Learning settings and mainstream schools) under the mentorship of the respective Professional Placement leaders.
The Bachelor of Special Needs Education (Hons) recognises prior learning and knowledge acquired by granting advanced standing into the programme.
|Matapelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU)||Local
|Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)||Pass with at least Grade C (GPA 2.00) in two (2) subjects|
|Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)||Pass with a minimum grade “Jayyid”|
|A-Level||Pass with a minimum grades C in two (2) subjects|
|Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) or equivalent||Pass with a minimum grade B in five (5) subjects|
|Foundation / Matriculation||Minimum CGPA 2.00|
|International Baccalaureate (IB)||Pass with a minimum total points of 24|
|South Australian Matriculation (SAM) / Australian Matriculation Programme (AUSMAT)||Pass with a minimum scores of 60%|
|Canadian Pre-University (CPU)||Pass with a minimum scores of 60%|
|Diploma||Minimum CGPA 2.00|
|Other Qualifications||Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government|