PhD in Business Administration JPT/BPP(MQA/PA8205)04/21
- Programme content
- Entry requirements
- Academic team
- Application process flow
- Graduate Assistantship
QUEST International University Perak’s PhD in Business Administration provides a distinct platform for candidates to develop a disposition for deep critical thinking. This, in turn, cultivates the candidate’s ability to build on existing knowledge and practice in order to respond to the evolving business landscape. The likelihood outcome from the programme is new knowledge and innovation that may contribute to enhancing the role and influence of businesses on society. The programme will also be a springboard for self-development and lifelong learning in the candidate’s selected field or subfield of interest, thereby expanding the candidate’s career options to include academia, if the candidate so chooses.
If you possess an inquisitive mind, a passion for rigorous research work, an inclination for uncovering new insights, the PhD in Business Administration is for you.
- Research Methodology and Data Analysis
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study accepted by the Senate, or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree accepted by the Senate
- International Students are required to achieve a minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
- Local Students are required to demonstrate a good command of the English Language. The successful completion of the programme requires candidates to read, write and communicate effectively and extensively in English.
- A face-to-face interview will be requested. Online-mediated interviews may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
|Professor Dr Abdul Latif Salleh
|Associate Professor Dr Loke Siew Phaik
|Dr. Sofiah Kadar Khan
|Professor Dr. Charles Y.J. Cheah
|Dr Jeffrey Yee Khong Loong
|Dr. Hafizah Mat Nawi
The QIUP FBM Graduate Assistantship
- Tuition fee waiver.
- Applicable for full-time candidates only.
- Application, registration, ICT charges, health insurance and other miscellaneous fees are not included in the waiver.
- Graduate Assistants will be assigned to undergraduate and/or postgraduate academic activities including, but not limited to, lectures, tutorial, seminars and research.
- Allowance: from RM 1300/month.
- A minimum of 20 hours of assigned activity per month.
- Renewal of appointment will be on a per semester basis.
- Recently successful applicants are eligible.
- Master’s Degree in business, management and related fields.
- Master’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50.
- Master’s Degree without a minimum CGPA of 3.50 but above 3.33 with working experience and/or experience in research and publication.
- English Language:
- Applicants need to demonstrate a sound command of the English Language, written and spoken.
- Applicants will need to attend and pass a face-to-face/internet-mediated interview.
Academic performance and expectations
- Graduate Assistants (PhD candidates) are expected to achieve the level of progress as agreed upon with their supervisor(s). The graduate assistantship will be terminated for those whose supervisor(s) deem the candidate’s progress of the PhD research to be below expectations.
- Graduate assistants are expected to work closely with lead lecturers in order to assist in all related teaching and research activities.
- Graduate assistants are expected to participate actively in all relevant academic and learning activities at the university, as well as assist in all seminars, workshops, colloquia and research.
- Graduate assistants are expected to carry out their assigned duties and responsibilities in a thorough, timely, and professional manner. Failure to do so can lead to the non-renewal of the graduate assistantship irrespective of the candidate’s grades, progress or duration in the registered programme.
- Applicants to send in the following:
- academic transcripts
- curriculum vitae
- other documents indicating outstanding achievement in extra-curricular activities and/or work-related activities.
- a personal statement (approximately 300 words) on his/her suitability for the graduate assistantship.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application. The decision is final and based on the university’s discretion. No correspondence or appeal after the final decision will be entertained.