Master of Education (M.Ed.) JPT/BPP(MQA/PA10747)06/24
MASTER OF EDUCATION (M.Ed.)
The Master of Education programme is designed for educators, leaders and professionals from various industries who wish to obtain a post-graduate qualification in the field of education. The programme is designed to prepare candidates to meet the demands of 21st century education, and offers the degree in three areas of specialization:
- E -learning
- Educational Management
- Learning and Development
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 or equivalent qualifications as accepted by the Senate;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Qualifications without the minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 can be accepted subject to having at least 5 years of working experience in the relevant field
- Prior Experiential Learning APEL (A)
- Applicants without the minimum entry requirement above can apply through APEL (A). The following criteria shall apply for working adults applying for Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL): a) All applicants are subjected to appropriate APEL assessments conducted by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). b) The APEL provision is only to be applied to Malaysian nationals.
PRE-REQUISITE COURSES FOR CANDIDATES WITHOUT A QUALIFICATION IN EDUCATION
Candidates who do not have a qualification in education, are required to complete the courses below prior to commencing their candidature on the M.Ed. programme. The courses will be provided via a blended mode of study for a duration of 7 weeks.
- Philosophy of Education (MED 1013, 3 credits)
- Educational Psychology (MED 1023, 3 credits)
- Sociology of Education (MED 1033, 3 credits)