- The Centre for Infectious Diseases and Parasitology Research (CIDPAR) has been established to fulfill the Vision and Mission statements of Quest International University Perak (QIUP).
- The CIDPAR will function within the framework of rules, regulation and policies of Quest International University Perak (QIUP) with research management coordinated by the Centre for Graduate Studies and Research of QIUP.
- Research management and graduate courses will be carried out through CGSR, QIUP.
- The concept paper for CIDPAR was approved on 4th May 2016 and presented on 18th May 2016.
Structure and Organization
Management of CIDPAR will be
- Within framework of QIUP rules, regulations and policies,
- Research management and Graduate courses will be carried out through CGSR, QIUP
- Technical review Panel with external and internal members
- Management Committee (Division heads and co-ordinators)
Prof Dr Subhada Prasad Pani
Dato’ Dr. Raman Narayanasamy
Prof. Dr. Mun Seng Lee
ASP. Dr. Aman Shah Abdul Majid
ASP. Dr. Abdul Rahman Md Said
Prof. Dr. Natesan Vijayalakshmi
Prof. Dr. Shakila Srikumar
SrASP. Dr. Than Than Htwe
ASP. Dr. Ranjith Mehenderkar
Dr. Gnanasekaran Ashok
Dr. Murugesan Karthikeyan
Dr. Khang Wei Ong
The CIDPAR will have the following divisions and units
- Division of Basic Research with following units:
- Parasitology and zoonotic diseases
- Division of Applied Research
- Division of Clinical Research
- Division of Product Development
- Division of Capacity Building and Continuing Education
- The Centre aspires to be an institution of excellence for interdisciplinary research, education and capacity building in the field of infectious diseases and parasitology contributing to Nation building of Malaysia and improvement in healthcare of the people across the globe.
- To undertake strategic basic, applied, clinical and product development research for understanding aetio-pathogenesis; diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and control of infectious and parasitic diseases.
- To contribute to the global agenda for control/elimination of Neglected Tropical (Infectious) Diseases (NTD).
- To develop and strengthen local, national and international linkages and collaboration for research, education and capacity building in the fields of infectious diseases and parasitology.
- To conduct undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as other continuing education programmes of national and international relevance.
- To provide consultancy services to local, national and international organizations/institutions on demand; and in particular to cater to the needs of State of Perak.
- Commitment to the Vision and Mission statements of QIUP.
- Excellence, creativity and innovation.
- Respect for freedom, equity and diversity for research.
- Commitment to enhancement of academic qualification and career progression of researchers.
- Promote private-public and private-private partnership.
- Social responsibility and nation building.