All interested applicants must submit their complete and updated Curriculum Vitae listing personal particulars, academic qualifications with copies of certificates attesting qualifications and teaching/ working experience, a list of research work and publications (where relevant). Please indicate clearly which post, field and level to be considered for, current and expected salary, notice period and enclose a passport size photograph. Applicants are also required to submit names of at least 2 referees to verify their qualifications, experience and ability. Non-Malaysian applicants are requested to include scanned copy of their passport page showing identification details.
The University offers an attractive salary package which commensurate with qualifications and experience. Offer of employment and position offered will depend on qualification, work experience, research experience, publications and performance in the interview.
Practising professionals who wish to contribute to academia can be considered for part-time positions.
Applicants are invited to apply by filling up the Job Application Form below, or write to:
Human Resource Division
QUEST INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY PERAK
Level 2, Plaza Teh Teng Seng
227 Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun
Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia
Position : Senior Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing leadership for all aspects of student recruitment, including marketing and enquiry management.
- Work closely with the Deputy Director of Student Recruitment and Managers in the Student Recruitment Department to ensure student recruitment are coordinated and aligned with the University’s strategy and business plan.
Position : Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The incumbent is responsible for the recruitment of new students and playing a vital role in marketing support
- Representing University in exhibition, visits to schools and colleges
- Build strong and effective partnerships with key stakeholders
Position : Senior Manager–International Student Recruitment
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the achievement of the University’s international student recruitment targets and overall international strategy.
- To develop, deliver and evaluate marketing and recruitment strategies in designated overseas markets.
- To represent the University in designated overseas markets to raise its international profile and to achieve recruitment targets in those markets.
- To develop and maintain productive relationships with key external partner organisations such as the Ministry of Education, Government bodies and other sponsors.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Management/Communication or professional qualifications in any related discipline.
- Preferably with 5 year working experience for Senior Manager positions with proven leadership management experience in developing and successfully implementing higher education student recruitment strategies, both domestic and international.
- For Manager position, 3 year of working experience in the marketing field preferably in the education industry.
- Pleasant and friendly disposition outgoing and creative with good leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good command of the English Language.
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin and other Chinese dialects is an added advantage.
- A self-starter with qualities of a team player and yet is able to work independently.
- Preferably possesses own transport.
- Some out-station travel, as well as occasional evening and week end work, are required.
Position: Native-speaking English Lecturers
For the following fields:
TESL; TEFL; TESOL; Literature (3 Vacancies)
- Teach English to Pre-University and Undergraduate students
- Increase English proficiency, communication, and confidence of students in the University
- Assist in the enhancement of existing English teaching programmes of the University
- Organise and facilitate talks, seminars and student development programmes for students’ personal and academic needs
- Deliver high quality pedagogical and English language lessons effectively to students in an active learning environment
- Share accountability for preparation, marking, communication on student performance, maintenance of student records, classroom discipline, and other teacher related activities in conjunction with the local lecturers
- Implement best practices for differentiated instructions, ESOL technology, curriculum development, as well as be responsible for developing the pedagogy in areas including assessment for learning and curriculum implementation
- Preferably possess postgraduate qualifications or a Bachelor Degree in the respective discipline/subject with an TEFL or TESOL or ESL Teaching Certificate or Qualified Teacher Status
- Must have 2 years post qualification teaching experience in English or ESOL to students to whom English is a second or foreign language
- International undergraduate teaching experience, particularly in Malaysian universities will be preferred
- Be native English speakers from UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- Be younger than 35 years of age and in good health
- Cross Culture Awareness will be an added advantage
- Lecturers of English who are native English speakers holding Malaysian PR or on MM2H programme are welcome to apply
Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme
Position : Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer, Lecturer for: Pathology
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have postgraduate qualifications and experience in the respective disciplines, and have Malaysian Medical Council recognized undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications for Clinical fields and valid APC
- MBBS or equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Medical Council especially for clinical specialities
- A proven record of high-quality scholarship, teaching and are expected to supervise postgraduate students
- IT literacy for teaching and communication
Position : Professor / Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer in: Early Childhood Education / Special Needs Education
- Candidates should have postgraduate qualifications, preferably a PhD, DBA or Master, in the respective subjects/disciplines
- Candidates should have 2 or more years of teaching experience in the relevant disciplines; postgraduate teaching experience will be preferred
- Candidates should have a record of exceptional teaching, scholarship and service, preferably with evidence of effective academic and administrative leadership
- Candidates should demonstrate scholarship excellence as gauged by his/her publications in peer-reviewed journals
Position : Student Counsellor
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures in relation to the operations of the counselling services
- Plan and implement professional counselling services
- Manage confidential case notes, counselee database, and maintain statistics and proper records
- Provide individual and group counselling services
- Implement mechanism for tracking and monitoring the effectiveness of counselling services
- Organise and facilitate talks, seminars and student development programs on areas relevant to the student’s personal and academic needs, including soft skills
- Assist the Student Affairs Department/Centres and Faculties in all matters relating to students and other administrative assignments
- Licensed and registered practising counsellor
- Possess qualifications in psychological counselling with at least a Bachelor's degree in Counselling, or Masters in Counselling Psychology, or any other professional qualification or its equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in similar capacity in counselling adolescents/young adults
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Actuarial Sciences
Position : Professor / Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer
- Must possess at least PhD in Actuarial Science or any related academic discipline with strong research background. Master graduates with Associate/Fellow membership from Society of Actuaries (SoA) will also be considered.
- Evidence of scholarly activity of an international standard in the relevant discipline including significant publications in high impact journals, and a demonstrated ongoing high level of commitment to research.
- Demonstrated ability to generate significant external research income.
- Considerable good track record of successful supervision of undergraduate or postgraduate thesis towards completion
Position : Director
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Lead, direct and oversee for continuous operations of ICT Division and ensure cost-efficiency of University wide systems, network, database architecture and data security, in order to achieve consistency and reliability of hardware, software, non-system tools, data archiving and offsite disaster recovery management. As Head of ICT Division, develop, direct and drive the strategic ICT vision for the University and ensure its effective implementation through appropriate communication and delegation. Play a pivotal role in the development and delivery of the whole University strategic ICT vision with overall responsibility for the management, availability and security of the University’s network, hardware and software, and management of the ICT team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare strategic and operational plans for the ICT Division to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of short and long term goals of the University
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an ICT security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss and breach of privacy of the University’s information
- Take a lead role in developing, executing and implementing University-wide ICT strategic development plans, policies and procedures that support the overall academic (learning & teaching) and business strategy of the University
- Actively monitor, undertake research and analysis and respond to advancements in hardware and software for education and inform/advise the University on emerging technologies and trends that can benefit the University and ensure the University operates at the most effective and efficient way in synch with the pace of growth of the University
- Provide strategic leadership for the development, implementation and evaluation of an innovative ICT strategy, within guidelines laid down by the ICT Strategy Committee
- Work with the ICT Academic Committee and managers in the University to ensure that their ICT needs are catered to and develop the potential of ICT in all academic, support and pastoral areas
- Enhance and implement policies, procedures and standards for the use of ICT, including e-safety, health & safety, asset disposal, receiving and testing ICT equipment, data protection, internet use, email, security and ICT resource management within the University and monitor adherence to the policies and standards
- Ensure that the University delivers high quality and timely ICT services which are competitive with those offered by other leading independent Universities
- Oversee the development, implementation and management of the University’s Mobile Learning requirements, in liaison with the ICT Education Committee
- In liaison with the Registrar produce and review policies concerning the use of ICT
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services, including procurement, distribution and asset management
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with University growth plans, and changing business requirements or technological advancements
- Ensure that Health and Safety policies are updated with regard to ICT where necessary, liaising with the Registrar as a member of the Health and Safety Committee
Leadership, Continuity & Security
- Lead, motivate and develop the University’s ICT team, with commitment to the delivery of all agreed objectives
- Actively support the personal development of each member of the ICT team through rigorous performance management, in line with University policy
- Oversee the development and management of the ICT architecture (network, internet access, servers, databases, storage, applications, management tools) to maximise the investment in technology and ensure efficient deployment of resources
- Develop, communicate and implement a plan for recovery and programme of regular maintenance tasks to minimize the impact on the ICT service of a serious disaster, including the University’s backup and virus protection policies, and maintain and regularly review whole-university system contingency plans
- Implement appropriate security systems to protect hardware, data and confidential information in a segmented and flexible manner appropriate to the needs of the different groups of users
- Advise Core Management Team and the ICT Strategy Committee on areas of Professional Development required, based on support log analysis
- Provide methods, tools and procedures for data integrity assurance and guarantee a daily operation
- Ensure continuous improvement of the quality and cost efficiency of ICT Services, and maintain high levels of ICT usage and achievement in ICT across the University by staff and students
- In liaison with the Bursar develop and manage the annual ICT Capital, Revenue and Expenditure budgetary requirements, ensure that resources are used to provide affordable best in class ICT services that are in line with organizational growth and best value for money for ICT spend
- Recognised postgraduate qualifications in ICT majoring in Management or Business, with excellent written and spoken English, and the ability to communicate clearly
- Extensive experience in directing, managing and administrating ICT sub-organisations, preferably in institutions of higher learning with project management experience
- Excellent organisational skills, able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines, managing competing priorities with initiative and flexibility
- Ability to think, plan strategically and manage change with keen eye for detail and advise Management on ICT solutions for most effective and efficient operations
- Effective interpersonal style that is assertive, positive, patient and helpful with ability to inspire and motivate the team and manage the performance of the team
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to multi-task including in cross-functional areas, and deliver services requested within the agreed time frame
- Managerial skills
Position: Videographer/Video Editor
This position will specialized to shoot and to edit video footage for promotional, vlog, seminar, classroom video and etc.
- Must be able to use DSLR, Mirrorless Camera, Professional Camera
- Execute all needed post-production tasks including video/audio editing, color grading, and color correction.
- To shoot and to create outstanding videos projects for multiple digital media campaigns including promos, trailer, spotlight and commercial.
- Problem solving and offer creative solutions during post production.
- Manage and work across multiple projects to reach assigned deadlines.
- Archive RAW and completed projects according to given standards setup and capture great shot to fulfil the brief.
|Educational Requirements||Diploma/Degree Art/Creative Multimedia or equivalent|
|Minimum Experience||Minimum 1-2 years|
|Skills & Quality Required||Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut, Davinci Resolve|
Position: Motion Graphic Designer
This position will specialised to create exciting and entertaining video with graphic and video animation.
- Create, customize, and edit video assets and graphical sequences
- Design and create enticing motion graphic for video deliverables
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project
- Execute all needed post-production tasks including video/audio editing, color grading, and color correction
- Able to handle and operates DSLR camera
- Solid understanding of typography and composition
- Ability to create high quality content with short deadlines and minimal instruction
|Educational Requirement||Diploma/Degree Art/Creative Multimedia or equivalent|
|Preferred Experience||Minimum 1- 2 Years|
|Skills & Quality Required||Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut, Davinci Resolve|
Position: Digital Creative Content Producer
This will specialized to produce creative with new ideas and good scrip writing to create an excellent storyline
- Invent new ideas for branding, advertising campaigns, and marketing messages.
- Conceive and implement engaging video concepts, guidelines, and strategies.
- Conceptualize & produce digital-media assets. Generate new ideas for unexplored ways to leverage digital technology for visual storytelling.
- Conceive, develop, and produce effective video content for TV, social media, etc...
- Able to write a script in English for video production
- Collaborate with department heads and work in cross-functional teams to execute creative video campaigns
- Able to handle videographer & photographer during shooting
|Educational Requirements||Diploma/Degree Art/Creative Multimedia/Mass Comm or equivalent|
|Preferred Experience||Minimum 1-2 years|
|Skills & Qualities Required||
Script writing, Content writing, Social media savvy, Strong writing skills and good command in english
Job Application Form